DURON LIVES

POPEGOLDX

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
he's backkkkkkkkkkkk

AMD has confirmed that the "applebred" CPU is indeed alive and well and shipping.

it will use the DURON name and will use a 266 FSB and 64K L2

so much for the THORTON ?

INQ has more info on it

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
Can you please back up your statements the FACTS ! No wonder you're getting a bad rap cause you're not providing us with any evidence !

Luckily I've done this for you...<A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/32421.html" target="_new">Clicky</A>..By the way its on The Register not the Inquirer.

<font color=purple>Ladies and Gentlemen, its...Hammer Time !</font color=purple>

POPEGOLDX

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
applebred

the orginal duron at .13 was codenamed APPALOOSA

the t-bred is the 256K L2 ATHLON out now...

combine the 2 code names and u get APPLEBRED

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
the orginal duron at .13 was codenamed APPALOOSA

the t-bred is the 256K L2 ATHLON out now...

combine the 2 code names and u get APPLEBRED
Actually, you would get AppalBred not AppleBred. If any of this is real and AMD really does name it AppleBred, then I'll <i>know</i> that what little is left of their marketing department is now eating magic mushrooms.

It's ten times worse than the name of Thorton (the bastard child of Thoroughbred and Barton).

And by the sounds of it, <i>both</i> AppalBred and Thorton will exist. AppalBred is lowest FSB with lowest cache and Thorton is midrange FSB with midrange cache, which leaves Barton with the high FSB and largest cache.

And this <i>might</i> actually be a good move for AMD <i>if</i> they can alter their price points to match so that their prices will range as broadly as the performance of these chips will.

Otherwise there would really be no point to any of it. :\

<pre><b><font color=red>*** BattleTech - The Crescent Hawks Inception ***</b>
Pilot twenty-ton behemoth robots to save your planet from a
Kuritian invasion force. Now available on the C=64!</font color=red></pre><p>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Aw, but you forgot the Official COPYRIGHTED Tom's Hardware Guide Commnunity <b><font color=red>BUMP!</b></font color=red> logo:

<font color=red>bumpbumpbumpbump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bumpbumpbumpbump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bumpbumpbumpbump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bumpbumpbumpbump</font color=red>

<font color=red>bumpbump</font color=red>**********<font color=red>bumpbump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bumpbumpbumpbump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>*<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>*<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bump</font color=red>******<font color=red>bump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>********<font color=red>bump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>***<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>***<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bumpbumpbumpbump</font color=red>
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>**<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>************
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>*****<font color=red>bumpbump</font color=red>*****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>************
<font color=red>bump</font color=red>******************<font color=red>bump</font color=red>****<font color=red>bump</font color=red>************

Copyright Tom's Hardware Guide Community 2003~~~

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
Yea na thats a good logo to have. Anyway i was meaning to ask you what were your different setups you have cause i have two AMD ones and an old intel one that i have just started to pull to bits for the nuts and bolts. The intel is a p2 266 i think and i have a duron 900 and a 2400xp, and i tell you that duron really holds up when it comes to games, i have been genuinly surprised. The graphics card upgrade, gf2 mx400 - fx5600, made so much more of a difference to the system than going from a D900 to the XP. I'm looking at a new system but have decided to wait until the new year or until some good games start hitting the shelves.

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Here Goes:

Gigabyte KT266A Mobo
Athlon Thunderbird 1333 MHz OC'd to 1400
256 Megs DDR266 RAM
MSI AGP8X GF4 Ti4200 64MB

Gigabyte KT266A Mobo
AXP 1500+
512MB DDR266 RAM

Gigabyte KT266A Mobo
AXP 1800+ (Palamino)
256MB DDR333 RAM

DELL Inspiron 4150 Laptop
Pentium 4 @ 1.6 GHz
256MB DDR RAM
Radeon 7500C Mobility Graphics

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
The Spitfire & Morgans were fine cores for budget processors. Celerons could never touch them, and that's probably explain why. Games are more or less bottlenecked by the Graphics Card these days than the CPU, but what you do say astonishes me. You should have noticed at least SOME increase. What kind of MOBO & RAM were you using?

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
The 2400 is on a gogabyte 7vtxe 380mb ram and the 900 is on a Asus A7V 266E 256mb ram, pretty sure i got that right, both have 2100 ram and 7200 HDD. I did notice a bit of difference but the new video card more so. The main difference was in loading game s onto HDD etc. In games well a bit but the duron never had any problems really even with the likes of Raven Shield and Grand theft.

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!