DV copy

I copied some DV to my hard disk using Moviemaker 2. (Someone
lent me a video of our puppies.) I just want to copy the avi
file back to the camera, but Moviemaker 2 insists on rendering
(taking hours) and then copies a blank blue screen. Isn't there
a simple utility to copy a DV avi file straight back to the
camera?

Regards

Martin

On 28 Jun 2004 09:43:07 GMT, Martin Cleaver <martinAT@cleaverDOT.nl>
wrote:

>I copied some DV to my hard disk using Moviemaker 2. (Someone
>lent me a video of our puppies.) I just want to copy the avi
>file back to the camera, but Moviemaker 2 insists on rendering
>(taking hours) and then copies a blank blue screen. Isn't there
>a simple utility to copy a DV avi file straight back to the
>camera?

Moviemaker shouldn't render if the output format is identical to
input. If the AVI file is *not* DV codec, or isn't one supported by
Moviemaker, it will require rendering (it is the file wrapper not the
actual data which needs changing, but it takes time). If it is not
DV, of course, then it will need rendering.

wrote:

>I copied some DV to my hard disk using Moviemaker 2. (Someone
>lent me a video of our puppies.) I just want to copy the avi
>file back to the camera, but Moviemaker 2 insists on rendering
>(taking hours) and then copies a blank blue screen. Isn't there
>a simple utility to copy a DV avi file straight back to the
>camera?

I don't know about that, but download a trial version of Premiere from
Adobe or Media Studio Pro from Ulead and with one of those you can get
the job done in a fine way! Good luck.

Funprice <jhbusscherNOSPAM@freemail.nl> wrote:

> I don't know about that, but download a trial version of
> Premiere from Adobe or Media Studio Pro from Ulead and with
> one of those you can get the job done in a fine way! Good
> luck.

God bewaar me... I mean, I'd rather not... ;-)

I much prefer efficient small utilities to huge jack of all
trades...

Greetings

Martin

Rich

"Martin Cleaver" <martinAT@cleaverDOT.nl> wrote in message
> I copied some DV to my hard disk using Moviemaker 2. (Someone
> lent me a video of our puppies.) I just want to copy the avi
> file back to the camera, but Moviemaker 2 insists on rendering
> (taking hours) and then copies a blank blue screen. Isn't there
> a simple utility to copy a DV avi file straight back to the
> camera?
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

Moviemaker should do it but you can try WinDV:
http://windv.mourek.cz/

Rich

"Rich" <richsanchez43@usa.com> wrote:

> http://windv.mourek.cz/

That's what I mean! What a great little proggie!!

Martin

Martin,

I have to agree. It's wonderfully useful for a free program. And if
you set up appropriate command line params you can even use it for
timed DV capture. I use it with the Freebyte Task Scheduler (another
free utility) as a poor man's DV VCR.

Dean

Martin Cleaver <martinAT@cleaverDOT.nl> wrote in message news:<Xns9516D0613247Fmartincleavernl@194.109.133.29>...
> "Rich" <richsanchez43@usa.com> wrote:
>
> > http://windv.mourek.cz/
>
> That's what I mean! What a great little proggie!!
>
> Martin

DVIO is your friend.

http://www.carr-engineering.com/dvio.htm

Enjoy!