I have a SONY PCG_K17 laptop computer windows XP home edition and many months
ago I have been having problems when I insert a DVD or CD into the DVD drive.
Most of the time it doesn't read it and sometimes after many tries it read it
finallly. Yesterday the DVD drive stop appearing in my computer is no
working and I could'nt reinstalled because the drive is not working. Please
give me a hand
Thanks Martucha Garcia

Malke

Martucha Garcia wrote:

> I have a SONY PCG_K17 laptop computer windows XP home edition and many
> months ago I have been having problems when I insert a DVD or CD into
> the DVD drive. Most of the time it doesn't read it and sometimes after
> many tries it read it
> finallly. Yesterday the DVD drive stop appearing in my computer is no
> working and I could'nt reinstalled because the drive is not working.
> Please give me a hand
> Thanks Martucha Garcia

I'm sorry, but this sounds like hardware failure. Contact Sony tech
support for repair/replacement.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

First thing to try is a CD cleaner...... the lenses may be dirty.

After that, I'm afraid it's probably time to start looking for a new
notebook optical drive. Unfortunately optical drives don't last forever...
though they are better than they used to be.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Martucha Garcia" <Martucha Garcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in