DVD Player Can't Read The Sims 2 DVD

My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the Sims 2,
at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the CD-Rom
version? Please advise

--
Mike A.

"Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the Sims
> 2,
> at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
> movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
> everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the CD-Rom
> version? Please advise
>
> --
> Mike A.

the reason it takes so long coz of the anti copying protection on the dvd as
far as i know there is nothing you can do about it as long as your game
works thats all that matters.

P.S it will only take a while if you take the disc out of the drive and
when you first turn on your computer if you never take it out or turn it off
the game starts as normal straight away

Hello
maybe you can clean the lens of the dvd player

and if thats not working change it to cd

"Noel Carroll" <scar6288@bigpond.net.au> schreef in bericht

> "Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the
Sims
> > 2,
> > at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
> > movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
> > everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the
CD-Rom
> > version? Please advise
> >
> > --
> > Mike A.
> >

> the reason it takes so long coz of the anti copying protection on the dvd
as
> far as i know there is nothing you can do about it as long as your game
> works thats all that matters.
>
> P.S it will only take a while if you take the disc out of the drive and
> when you first turn on your computer if you never take it out or turn it
off
> the game starts as normal straight away

"Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the Sims
> 2,
> at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
> movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
> everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the CD-Rom
> version? Please advise
>
> --
> Mike A.

My dad's computer has the exact same problem... plays everything else except
the sims dvd... trialed the same thing by putting various other dvd's in
and they all worked. The DVD version of sims 2 NEVER worked on his. We
uninstalled and re installed at least 10 times to no avail. We tried my
sisters CD version and still had a bit of trouble at first but eventually it
worked fine. I have absolutely no idea why this happened. I have the DVD
version and it works perfectly on both computers here with no load up lag on
the one with a good video and graphics card and still faster than TS1 on the
other machine...go figure?

jo