DVD with no menu?

I know how to author a DVD with a menu, but I want to make simple backups of
some videos, that will just play when popped into a dvd player. I've already
encoded the video and audio.

Should I just set video as first play? Or can I just burn the files to DVD?

Videoken

--
Remove all the q's to email me:
qqqqqqqchekken_u_outqqqqqqq@yahoo.comqqqqqqq

"videoken" <qqqqqqqchekken_u_outqqqqqqq@yahoo.comqqqqqqq> wrote in message
> I know how to author a DVD with a menu, but I want to make simple backups
of
> some videos, that will just play when popped into a dvd player. I've
already
> encoded the video and audio.
>
> Should I just set video as first play? Or can I just burn the files to
DVD?

> Videoken

It depends on your player. If your player can play MPEG files directly
then you can just write them to a data DVD. If your player only plays
authored DVDs then make no menu and set it as first play. Note that
with some players, if there is no menu and several tracks you might not
be able to move to the next track.

Luck;
Ken

Jim

"videoken" <qqqqqqqchekken_u_outqqqqqqq@yahoo.comqqqqqqq> wrote in message
> I know how to author a DVD with a menu, but I want to make simple backups
of
> some videos, that will just play when popped into a dvd player. I've
already
> encoded the video and audio.
>
> Should I just set video as first play? Or can I just burn the files to
DVD?

Put the Video as first play.
Most authoring apps, you do not even have to put a menu.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:03:09 GMT, "videoken"
<qqqqqqqchekken_u_outqqqqqqq@yahoo.comqqqqqqq> wrote:

>I know how to author a DVD with a menu, but I want to make simple backups of
>some videos, that will just play when popped into a dvd player. I've already
>encoded the video and audio.
>
>Should I just set video as first play? Or can I just burn the files to DVD?

Some Dvd players can work with .mpg files. All those that support
mpeg-4 (Divx, Xvid) .avi, shall certainly do. In that case, you simply
burn the .mpg file as data. But regular Dvd players require Dvd
"authoring", by which .mpg are turned into .vob, .ifo, and .bup, even
if there's no need for a menu. And in the latter case, you burn as
"Dvd video".