DVD won't play on External Monitor

I have a tablet PC with an NVIDIA Geforce 4 440 video card in it. I
have an external monitor, a projector. When I play a DVD with Win
DVD,(in a window) you can see the video playing on the tablet PC, but
on the projector, you see the Win DVD window and it's playing just
black.
Thanks in advance,
James

jameseaston25@hotmail.com wrote:
> I have a tablet PC with an NVIDIA Geforce 4 440 video card in it. I
> have an external monitor, a projector. When I play a DVD with Win
> DVD,(in a window) you can see the video playing on the tablet PC, but
> on the projector, you see the Win DVD window and it's playing just
> black.
> Thanks in advance,
> James

The DVD is just fine. Thats more of a problem involving your player.

-Richard

In article <1108417592.971532.28910@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
jameseaston25@hotmail.com writes
>I have a tablet PC with an NVIDIA Geforce 4 440 video card in it. I
>have an external monitor, a projector. When I play a DVD with Win
>DVD,(in a window) you can see the video playing on the tablet PC, but
>on the projector, you see the Win DVD window and it's playing just
>black.
>Thanks in advance,
>James

This is to do with the way the video is sent to the screen - it is added
into the display using "overlay". It is not really part of the display,
so is not output from the VGA port.

You might be able to find some settings in your display-advanced options
which let you set how the overlay works.

Alternatively if you turn off the PC's monitor and send just to the VGA
output/projector you might find it works then.
--
Tim Mitchell