Question DVI cable connected to DVI to HDMI adaptor - no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretzel12345

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
Hello,

So ive got a DVI cable ive been using on a previous build and decided to take that cable and use it for another build for school.

That dvi is plugged into my motherboard (PC has no GPU) and the other side is attached to a DVI to HDMI adaptor (the monitor doesn't have a DVI port)

Unfortunately i'm having problems with display.

Any help is appreciated!

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

So ive got a DVI cable ive been using on a previous build and decided to take that cable and use it for another build for school.

That dvi is plugged into my motherboard (PC has no GPU) and the other side is attached to a DVI to HDMI adaptor (the monitor doesn't have a DVI port)

Unfortunately i'm having problems with display.

Any help is appreciated!
Those adapters are one way. You need to verify which end is input. Most are HDMI in, DVI out. Do you have a link to your specific adapter.

Pretzel12345

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
Those adapters are one way. You need to verify which end is input. Most are HDMI in, DVI out. Do you have a link to your specific adapter.
So the adaptor is bi-directional

but i guess I want DVI in HDMI out (which would work with bi-directional right?)

here is adaptor: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FM51PY2...coding=UTF8&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

Is it my monitor that doesnt accept it? its an acer EK240Y - or - is it the DVI cable that I used (its old im not even sure if they are bi-directional)

Last edited:

Pretzel12345

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
Used extra parts to build a PC (with no gpu) for school.

I plug in my DVI cable to the motherboard and purchased a DVI to HDMI bi-directional adaptor to plug into the monitor but I get no display.

All parts work - used it on a friends monitor but it wont work for mine.

My monitor: ACER EK240Y (it does not have a DVI port).

Why wont my monitor display? Would using a single bi-directional HDMI to DVI cable work? Or do I need another monitor that accepts DVI?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS