[SOLVED] DVI-D Dual Link Splitter showing the same image on both monitors!

tobiaskrog

Prominent
May 26, 2018
Hi guys.

Recently I bought the same monitor as I have now, so I could have two matching monitors. I started out with connecting my second monitor with a DVI-D Dual Link cable to my motherboard. It worked, but I couldn't get 144hz. My main monitor is connected to my graphics card and I can run 144hz with no problem. I then went out and bought a DVI-D Dual Link Splitter to two DVI-D Dual Link ports. I connected the splitter to my graphics card and the two monitors to the splitter. Now both monitors show the same image and it doesn't recognize a second monitor.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tobias.

Solution
Take out the splitter. It's functioning as it should; showing the same display on both monitors.

You need to connect both displays to your graphics card (without the splitter). If your graphics card does not have two DVI outputs, then you will need to use an adapter to either it's HDMI or DisplayPort Output.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Take out the splitter. It's functioning as it should; showing the same display on both monitors.

You need to connect both displays to your graphics card (without the splitter). If your graphics card does not have two DVI outputs, then you will need to use an adapter to either it's HDMI or DisplayPort Output.

-Wolf sends

Solution