[SOLVED] dxgmms2.sys Blue Screen

Solution
crash 1 is unclear
crash 2 was GPU drivers
cash 3 was GPU drivers
crash 5 actually mentions Nvidia drivers, most of the others are based on association.

my guess is you ran DDU on or after Wednesday, and let windows find drivers for card? as you current drivers are
Oct 01 2020nvlddmkm.sys
but you had newer ones on before.

I would try running DDU again and install newest Nvidia drivers and see if any better.
Alternate: Who made card? Some OEM have drivers on site, even though they are old Nvidia drivers, its a test... if card doesn't work with drivers supplied by maker of card, it might be hardware.

Colif

Win 11 Master
only really rare occasions, dxgmms2.sys might crash due to sound drivers, as it looks after both. 99% of the time its GPU drivers though.
depends on what BSOD code you are getting

what are specs of the PC? Dumps only show so much.

I ask a friend to convert dumps.

Reactions: Fefyufurza
Mar 19, 2022
only really rare occasions, dxgmms2.sys might crash due to sound drivers, as it looks after both. 99% of the time its GPU drivers though.
depends on what BSOD code you are getting

what are specs of the PC? Dumps only show so much.

I ask a friend to convert dumps.
  • Asus B450M-K
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • GTX 1650
  • Kingston 8GB, Corsair 8GB DDR4 2400MHz

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/Lg3z7xrt/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:031922-8250-01.dmp (Mar 18 2022 - 18:08:16)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (7E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process running at time of crash: ?)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 49 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

File information:031922-8093-01.dmp (Mar 19 2022 - 14:20:55)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: eldenring.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

File information:031922-8031-01.dmp (Mar 19 2022 - 14:35:22)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)

File information:031922-7671-01.dmp (Mar 19 2022 - 09:29:20)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:031622-5234-01.dmp (Mar 16 2022 - 16:18:58)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: eldenring.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.
SizeSpeedManufacturerPart No.
8192MB2400MHzKingstonKHX2400C15/8G
8192MB2400MHzCorsairCMK8GX4M1A2400C14

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-B450M-K/
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
crash 1 is unclear
crash 2 was GPU drivers
cash 3 was GPU drivers
crash 5 actually mentions Nvidia drivers, most of the others are based on association.

my guess is you ran DDU on or after Wednesday, and let windows find drivers for card? as you current drivers are
Oct 01 2020nvlddmkm.sys

I would try running DDU again and install newest Nvidia drivers and see if any better.
Alternate: Who made card? Some OEM have drivers on site, even though they are old Nvidia drivers, its a test... if card doesn't work with drivers supplied by maker of card, it might be hardware.

Solution
Mar 19, 2022
crash 1 is unclear
crash 2 was GPU drivers
cash 3 was GPU drivers

Oct 01 2020nvlddmkm.sys

Thanks. I will try running DDU again and report the result.

gardenman

Splendid
There's really no way for me to teach you everything on here. But the basics are this: Download "Debug Preview" from the Windows Store. Open a dump file in it. Sometimes it will point out the driver causing the issues. Most of the time it won't, but will give hints if you read through all of the text.

As Colif asked above, how long have you been using the 2 types of RAM? This sometimes can cause issues.