Question Dying GPU? RTX 2080ti

desecravity

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2012
Hey Tom's,

Been dealing with an issue I suspect is a dying GPU. Thought I'd check here before replacing components.

Specs are ; i9 9900K, Seahawk RTX 2080ti (on the same water loop). 16GB ram, Windows 10, 1000W PSU

Symptoms; Games are constantly crashing after a reasonably short period of time. Lose display on crash but PC remains on . Sometimes it has a sound loop from the last in game action or sometimes it has none at all. GPU itself seems to be crashing.

What I've tried; Used DDU to clean the Nvidia drivers and reinstall. Reset the PC to a date before the incident started occurring. Underclocked GPU in Afterburner - this seems to lengthen the game time before I crash. If I slide the clock speed all the way down to -502 and memory to -502 I seem to be able to game for a few hours, at the cost of artefacting (doesn't happen at stock speeds).

Unfortunately, i'm not able to verify in a another PC because my setup is on a water loop.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue here? Tia

Hey Tom's,

Been dealing with an issue I suspect is a dying GPU. Thought I'd check here before replacing components.

Specs are ; i9 9900K, Seahawk RTX 2080ti (on the same water loop). 16GB ram, Windows 10, 1000W PSU

Symptoms; Games are constantly crashing after a reasonably short period of time. Lose display on crash but PC remains on . Sometimes it has a sound loop from the last in game action or sometimes it has none at all. GPU itself seems to be crashing.

What I've tried; Used DDU to clean the Nvidia drivers and reinstall. Reset the PC to a date before the incident started occurring. Underclocked GPU in Afterburner - this seems to lengthen the game time before I crash. If I slide the clock speed all the way down to -502 and memory to -502 I seem to be able to game for a few hours, at the cost of artefacting (doesn't happen at stock speeds).

Unfortunately, i'm not able to verify in a another PC because my setup is on a water loop.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue here? Tia
Definitely sounds like you’re correct.

Oct 15, 2022
id check thermals on your card then pull the card and check thermal paste and pads. id also check water pump make sure it pumping good, i had a similar issue where my pump died and my video card would overheat and crash before my cpu so i thougt it was a video card issue