Question Dynabook Displayport Not Working

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
I am using a dual monitor setup (HDMI and Displayport) and the Displayport doesn't seem to work for the Dynabook USB-C Dock. I've tried a few Displayport cables but didn't work. What's weird is that the laptop connected detects a second monitor (Displayport one) but that monitor says there's no signal.

Any ideas on what's going on? Does the device connected need to support Displayport?

Dynabook USB-C Dock, Part no. PA5356U-1PRP

Toshiba Dynabook TECRA A50-EC Laptop w/ i5 8350U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.90GHz
16G RAM
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620

OS Windows 10 ver 1909 64 bit

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model monitors?

Are you able to test the monitors individually and together with and without the dock being present?

Test monitors on another known working system. Try other known working monitors on your Dynabook.

Narrow down what works and does not work.

Next, try reinstalling the drivers.

Manually download from the applicable manufacturer websites. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers.

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model monitors?

Are you able to test the monitors individually and together with and without the dock being present?

Test monitors on another known working system. Try other known working monitors on your Dynabook.

Narrow down what works and does not work.

Next, try reinstalling the drivers.

Manually download from the applicable manufacturer websites. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers.

I have updated my post to include the specs.

Monitors: HP Pavilion 27bw (HDMI) and AUS ROG PG278QR (Displayport)

Yes. With the dock, I unplugged the HDMI cable to test Displayport and vice versa. Without the dock, there is no port for Displayport on the laptop so I'm unable to test it there but it works on my main desktop.

I tried installing the PG278QR drivers for Windows 10 64 bit from https://rog.asus.com/monitors/27-to-31-5-inches/rog-swift-pg278qr-model/helpdesk_download but I get this error

Select Device:
The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 based systems.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Ralston18

Titan
Even if you get the "doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device " error are you able to download the driver anyway?

If you select other drivers (just to test) does the message appear?

E.g., Windows 8.1 or 7 (64-bit) or even 32 bit?

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Even if you get the "doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device " error are you able to download the driver anyway?

If you select other drivers (just to test) does the message appear?

E.g., Windows 8.1 or 7 (64-bit) or even 32 bit?
I was able to download the drivers (ones from example too) from the website but all of them get that error when trying to update the driver.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what to suggest....

After reading back the following line made me wonder....

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device "....

Are you able to determine what folder was "specified"?

In Device Manager find the Display adapters then right click each adapter.

Select Properties > Driver > Driver details to discover where the files are located. (Note that may take a couple of minutes with just a "circle" showing.

Note the scroll bar below Driver files window that will allow your to to see the full C:\WINDOWS\System..... path.