Question e-SATA to USB converter

ThundyUK

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Hi there,

I'm not sure really where best to place this post, so just took a punt.

I'm wondering if there's such a thing as an e-SATA to USB converter cable or active conversion box?
What it is, I have an NVR that has a 3TB built in HDD and I can expand the storage via e-SATA by another 8TB, however I'd rather use USB. No idea why this CCTV company is still using e-SATA ports over USB 3 at this point... but anyway.

The NVR CCTV box has an e-SATA port, and I'd like to plug in a USB external HDD.

Anyone know if such a thing exists / works well? I found a few things on Amazon but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas of a product.

Ta

ThundyUK

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
I think they're all the wrong way around. I have this feeling that the company who makes the CCTV system (Reolink) really needs to update their I/O.

I had another one where I have an eSATA dock with a 3.5" 4TB drive in but that dock isn't even made anymore.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-c...ds=esata+enclosure&qid=1722284714&sr=8-9&th=1

This is similar - just looking for a smarter way of doing this without a £70 enclosure but not sure such a thing exists.

Last edited: