Question E2351 Monitor Stuck in D-SUB Power Saving mode

Feb 11, 2019
I own an E2351 LG Monitor (Flatron) and have happily used it with my Surface pro 4 for 3 months. I connected it with VGA (and vga to Mini DisplayPort for my Surface). The Power cable was playing up yesterday, making the power turn off every 5 minutes, so I had to reposition the cable everytime. I have fixed that (simply by blowing on it) but am faced with this new problem (that I have tried for hours to fix with solutions on the internet but NONE of them work (Checking cables and restarting laptop, use dvi d). I do own a DVI cable, but I need DVI-D for my monitor, and I am not in a position to go shopping for new cables. Are there any solutions you know? Thanks :D

Feb 11, 2019
IMPORTANT
Update: The monitor works for my dads laptop, so its not the monitor, Mini Display port or vga cable but I cant manage to keep the monitor working for mine (occasionally it does, but if I turn it off, or disconnect, or move it in any way, it will go back to power saving mode)
Hope this helps

Feb 11, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I own an E2351 LG Monitor (Flatron) and have happily used it with my Surface pro 4 for 3 months. I connected it with VGA (and vga to Mini DisplayPort for my Surface). The Power cable was playing up yesterday, making the power turn off every 5 minutes, so I had to reposition the cable everytime. I have fixed that (simply by blowing on it) but am faced with this new problem (that I have tried for hours to fix with solutions on the internet but NONE of them work (Checking cables and restarting laptop, use dvi d). I do own a DVI cable, but I need DVI-D for my monitor, and I am not in a position to go shopping for new cables. Are there any solutions you know? Thanks :D
IMPORTANT
Update: The monitor works for my dads laptop, so its not the monitor, Mini Display port or vga cable but I cant manage to keep the monitor working for mine (occasionally it does, but if I turn it off, or disconnect, or move it in any way, it will go back to power saving mode)
Hope this helps