EA Offering SimCity Players a Free Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun_Skip

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
And Slowpoke Tom's Hardware strikes again.

What is with you guys lately? You are really slow in keeping up to date, you never used to be.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
[citation][nom]Shaun_Skip[/nom]And Slowpoke Tom's Hardware strikes again.What is with you guys lately? You are really slow in keeping up to date, you never used to be.[/citation]
Tom's went down the drain when it was taken over by Bestofmedia group, aka another big corporation.

retrophe

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
" EA's Lucy Bradshaw, who is the general manager of the Maxis label . . ." is currently looking for other employment options before her current employment is terminated . . . .

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
EA is such a wonderful and customer-friendly company. Their quality games and excellent customer-relations fill me up with such mirth and merriment :D

hragarand

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
EA is in balance sheet and stock protection mode as they offer games from their portfolio versus cash refunds to customers who ordered Sim5. EA would rather provide a digital download of an existing title at a cost of a few dollars than a $50+ refund. Terrible customer service. Companies must delight their customers with service. When you delight customers with service you in turn delight stockholders with shareholder value.

Johmama

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Whoa, auto comment when you sign in? Sry for double post

1. Release a game with always-on DRM
2. People get outraged when your servers can't handle the new influx of users
3. Say you're increasing servers
4. Don't increase servers
5. People playing your game decreases, decreasing server load
6. Claim the newfound stability is because of those new servers you bought (but didn't)
7. Congratulations! You now look like you did something for your customer!

w1zz4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
If I was one of your custmer EA, I would ask for a charge back on me credit card. And since I'm living in Canada, my credit would have no choice to issue the chargeback. Take that non sense no refund policy...

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
This has the potential of either making things better or worse. It will be interesting to see what sort of games they offer free.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
You may pick from the following list of free games:

1) Spore
2) DarkSpore
3) Sims 3

EA doesn't want to lose any actual money by offering you a decent game! Not that there are any decent EA games. I was offered free games due to BF3's problems, but never took them up on the offer. It was never about money for me, but for EA it's always about money.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Last weeks news. It's amazing how Tom's is so quickly with some things, like the server issues, and then takes forever on others, like trying to make up for issues.

At least be consistent slow or fast!

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Last weeks news. It's amazing how Tom's is so quickly with some things, like the server issues, and then takes forever on others, like trying to make up for issues.

At least be consistent slow or fast!

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of "EA automatically sucks", but this is meaningless until they elaborate what game is being offered. This is actually a stunt to increase slumping sales and satisfy their true masters, the investors. The promise of a free game causes people to see extra value in purchasing a copy of SC5 before the "deadline" instead of waiting to see what they're actually getting. EA can then offer an inferior game after the deadline, adding insult to injury to the poor saps who ran out to buy it now and get something for free. Again, they only care about the initial sale. Afterwards, you own two (bad) games on Origin, so maybe you'll continue buying other games while you're there. You've already got the account after all!

spat55

Distinguished
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of "EA automatically sucks", but this is meaningless until they elaborate what game is being offered. This is actually a stunt to increase slumping sales and satisfy their true masters, the investors. The promise of a free game causes people to see extra value in purchasing a copy of SC5 before the "deadline" instead of waiting to see what they're actually getting. EA can then offer an inferior game after the deadline, adding insult to injury to the poor saps who ran out to buy it now and get something for free. Again, they only care about the initial sale. Afterwards, you own two (bad) games on Origin, so maybe you'll continue buying other games while you're there. You've already got the account after all![/citation]

although my CC details arn't in there as I don't trust them and any games I do buy are retail copies :)

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
[citation][nom]L0tus[/nom]EA is such a wonderful and customer-friendly company. Their quality games and excellent customer-relations fill me up with such mirth and merriment[/citation]
Exactly! Thanks, EA, your the best evar!

Status
Not open for further replies.