Question Easy Anti-Cheat Causing CTD on Apex Legends and JUMP FORCE, Need Help

Feb 14, 2019
So I'm having a really hard time getting any kind of support on this from Easy Anti-Cheat and I'm desperately in need of help here.

Recently I started playing Apex Legends and today Jump Force came out. Both games are powered by Easy-Anti Cheat and both games are giving me the same issue: CTD.

In both situations, I launch the game launcher ad administrator (Origin for Apex, Steam for Jump Force) and the game will boot fine, but only the first time I ever play the game. Then, at a random interval, anywhere from a few minutes in to a few hours, the game will crash to desktop. The crash is sudden and there is no error message. The program just closes down. If I look in task manager I cannot see the game's exe running, nor do I see an easy anti cheat exe running.
When I try to start the game again, it does not work. In the instance of Apex Legends, Origins will not let me hit the "play" button nor start the game any other way because it thinks it's already running. For Jump Force, Steam says the game is already running and so it cannot start a new instance.

To resolve this I have tried numerous things: reinstalling Origin/Steam, repairing the game files, booting to safe mode with networking and disabling startup items and services, driver and GPU updates, lowering my graphics settings for the games, disabling my AV and firewall, clearing %ProgramData% and %AppData% , and most of the items on the Easy Anti-Cheat troubleshooting FAQ. My OS has no issues except when it comes to dealing with games that use Easy Anti-Cheat.

There is one work around I have found. I must reboot my PC, then goto C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\EasyAntiCheat and delete easyanticheat.sys. Once I delete this file I can start the game and it will work... until it randomly crashes again and I need to repeat the workaround. If I try to delete the .sys file before rebooting, I am told by windows I cannot because the file is in use, which is in-line with Origin/Steam thinking the game is still running. I have not been able to determine what is locking the files.
I have no other OS issues and all my other games work fine.

Log Files for Easy Anti-Cheat Support That I collected. I don't think they are that useful though.

If anyone can help me, that would be great. I mostly made this thread because the contact support feature for Easy Anti-Cheat doesn't allow for more than 64 characters.

EDIT

Upon further investigation, it sounds like this is what Easy Anti-Cheat is supposed to do when it detects cheating... what the heck is triggering this software?

do you have other cracked software on your system.
do you have any cheat software on your system doesnt have to be running to be detected
as ive heard stories of guys having the likes of cheat engine or similar on the hdd's but not running, yet still get booted for cheating... even though they werent.

Feb 14, 2019
do you have other cracked software on your system.
do you have any cheat software on your system doesnt have to be running to be detected
as ive heard stories of guys having the likes of cheat engine or similar on the hdd's but not running, yet still get booted for cheating... even though they werent.

I have Cheat Engine on the same SSD as EasyAnti-Cheat. That could be what's going on. I will uninstall it and remove any lingering Cheat Engine tables.
I also have some cracked games on the computer which I'm fine with removing. The biggest issue will be the KMS service I have installed which runs every 90 days to convince Microsoft my office license is legit.

Let me try doing this and see what the results are.

Thanks for the lead!

EDIT

I've deleted Cheat Engine and all cracked software from my computer, but it's still happening... this means there is probably still some cracked software on this thing that I can't find. Shit

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
you will need to delete the folders they were in and then run a reg cleaner... ccleaner is ok for doing this... just run it multiple times till you have no more entries in the broken reg entry list.
reboot and try again.

I'm going to try this. I don't think it will work though lol. There is a piece of music production software I use which I definitely can't afford and it's cracked. If the game picks this up then I'm sol.

Thanks!

it depends on what the anti cheat app is looking for...
it may or maynot be looking for cracks so i recomended they be removed just in case.

problem is i have cheat engine on my system myself and i can play apex with no issues.

my other suggestion is put your antivirus to sleep while you play a few rounds, as it may be blocking part of the anticheat. (zonealarm back in 2010 had issues with punkbuster and some other forms of drm)

lastly email easyanticheat and ask for a list of the apps that may be incompatible. if there any good they will tell you.

Feb 14, 2019
I have been talking to Easy Anti-Cheat support but they are not admitting fault. They are saying I'm having memory issues, which is bullshit. I have 32GB of perfectly functioning memory and the log files make no mention of memory issues.

They did clarify that the game closing out as it has been is NOT expected behavior, so something is amiss. That being said, I don't have this issue on another computer I have access to. There is something on my computer which doesn't like Easy Anti-Cheat and I can't get rid of it! Not much help to those who've been helping me so far, eh? I will try to get a list of apps from them which are no good.

Feb 23, 2019
So I'm having a really hard time getting any kind of support on this from Easy Anti-Cheat and I'm desperately in need of help here.

Recently I started playing Apex Legends and today Jump Force came out. Both games are powered by Easy-Anti Cheat and both games are giving me the same issue: CTD.

In both situations, I launch the game launcher ad administrator (Origin for Apex, Steam for Jump Force) and the game will boot fine, but only the first time I ever play the game. Then, at a random interval, anywhere from a few minutes in to a few hours, the game will crash to desktop. The crash is sudden and there is no error message. The program just closes down. If I look in task manager I cannot see the game's exe running, nor do I see an easy anti cheat exe running.
When I try to start the game again, it does not work. In the instance of Apex Legends, Origins will not let me hit the "play" button nor start the game any other way because it thinks it's already running. For Jump Force, Steam says the game is already running and so it cannot start a new instance.

To resolve this I have tried numerous things: reinstalling Origin/Steam, repairing the game files, booting to safe mode with networking and disabling startup items and services, driver and GPU updates, lowering my graphics settings for the games, disabling my AV and firewall, clearing %ProgramData% and %AppData% , and most of the items on the Easy Anti-Cheat troubleshooting FAQ. My OS has no issues except when it comes to dealing with games that use Easy Anti-Cheat.

There is one work around I have found. I must reboot my PC, then goto C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\EasyAntiCheat and delete easyanticheat.sys. Once I delete this file I can start the game and it will work... until it randomly crashes again and I need to repeat the workaround. If I try to delete the .sys file before rebooting, I am told by windows I cannot because the file is in use, which is in-line with Origin/Steam thinking the game is still running. I have not been able to determine what is locking the files.
I have no other OS issues and all my other games work fine.

Log Files for Easy Anti-Cheat Support That I collected. I don't think they are that useful though.

If anyone can help me, that would be great. I mostly made this thread because the contact support feature for Easy Anti-Cheat doesn't allow for more than 64 characters.

EDIT

Upon further investigation, it sounds like this is what Easy Anti-Cheat is supposed to do when it detects cheating... what the heck is triggering this software?

Try the fix here:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ataxti/potential_crash_fix_for_crash_to_desktop_without/