[SOLVED] Edge appears to have low FPS, causing inconsistent video playback and choppy scrolling.

Orbit Storm

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014
I reached out to Microsoft Support, and they claim this is a known issue but of the handful of people I asked about this that use Edge, none of them are experiencing this issue. One of those people are using a system that is largely identical to my own. The Microsoft tech was unable to provide a workaround or any insight into what the issue might actually be aside from "an incompatibility with HTML codification on some computers".

I'm not even certain that the issue the tech was referencing applies to me. I'm running 1440p @ 144hz. Everything else, including Chrome and Firefox, is buttery smooth. I haven't changed anything with Edge aside from disabling the obnoxious Bing sidebar and I haven't updated my graphics drivers recently. Playback appears to only be problematic with Twitch; YouTube works fine. When scrolling, it looks like a sub-60 fps lagfest. It's a total eyesore.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have any suggestions beyond waiting for an update or using another browser? Thanks!