[SOLVED] Editing PC build, March 2019

Fox_Rox

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am new to this community and was referred by a friend. So, please forgive me for any mistakes that I make.
Coming to the actual question, I want to build an editing pc for softwares like Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Audition and maybe some gaming. The primary objective is editing and the secondary objective is gaming. My budget is in the vicinity of CA$4000 to CA$5000. $5000 is the absolute max. including taxes.

I read a few forums and came up with the following list of parts but it's a little over my budget. Kindly take a look at this link and provide me with your valuable feedback. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/DKjbMZ

I am open to all kinds of suggestions.
I also want a good monitor and keyboard for this build.

Thank you for reading the entire thing :)

Solution
Yes, the 2080 Ti is better if you can afford it. The power supply seemed like a large waste of money. I only have 1200W because I bought it for cryptocurrency mining with multiple GPUs, which I did for about 6 months. After I sold my other GPUs I just kept the HX1200i. But I could definilty use a 650W unit if I wanted, or 850W to be comfortable.

Fox_Rox

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
I think you can save several hundred dollars by going with a smaller/cheaper power supply. High quality 850W is plenty. Even a 1200W would cost half as much.

Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($157.99 @ PC-Canada)
I really appreciate your suggestion but I few more questions. 1) Is the 1080ti worth buying over the 2080ti?
2) Is AMD better than Intel?
3) Could you recommend me a good mechanical keyboard, please?
4) I will be buying a monitor or two down the line for a multi-monitor setup so, is the one you recommended good or do you have any more suggestions?
Forgive me if my questions are silly :)

Last edited:
AMD has its benefits over Intel, mainly it is cheaper for the same or better core-count. But per core, Intel is faster.

I like my keyboard, Logitech Orion G910. However, the extra keys get in the way sometimes. I would have rather bought the cheaper G810.

The monitor you see in my sig is my favorite part.

The parts below are part of my signature, which is my own personal system. This is my system https://pcpartpicker.com/b/9PLJ7P

Reactions: Fox_Rox

Fox_Rox

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
AMD has it's benefits over Intel, mainly it is cheaper for the same or better core-count. But per core, Intel is faster.

I like my keyboard, Logitech Orion G910. However, the extra keys get in the way sometimes. I would have rather bought the cheaper G810.

The monitor you see in my sig is my favorite part.

The parts below are part of my signature, which is my own personal system. This is my system https://pcpartpicker.com/b/9PLJ7P
Ok. So just to confirm, I should just change the power supply while keeping everything else the same right?

Yes, the 2080 Ti is better if you can afford it. The power supply seemed like a large waste of money. I only have 1200W because I bought it for cryptocurrency mining with multiple GPUs, which I did for about 6 months. After I sold my other GPUs I just kept the HX1200i. But I could definilty use a 650W unit if I wanted, or 850W to be comfortable.

Solution

Fox_Rox

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
Thank you for your help and sorry for the confusion. Have a great day :)