Elder Scrolls Anthology Now Available

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

You don't like MMO as a genre so this product is not for you... talk about likes or not is pointless man grow up.

The abrevation you are looking for is FPP a First Person Perspective it describes view mode. and FPS is very much specified sub-genre of FPP games.
Quake 3 is FPS but Elder Scrolls / WoW / Chivalry and so on just have FPP view camera.

Indication that you are playing FPS would be:
1. You have some sort of gun,
2. You are locked in FPP view when playing.

It's narrow by definition. Same like RPG.

At least you shouldn't have to worry about game save corruption lol... I play Skyrim with a lot of mods, still kind of learning, and for a time, I was troubleshooting more than actually playing lol... I already have the last 3 w/ all expansions, but I'm interested in seeing how the MMO turns out.

LuisFF

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Most of the comments talk like they already know if the unreleased elder scrolls online is good or bad.
Because the game can be:
Focus at online pvp competition.
Kill the same monsters again and again like diablo 3, that i don't like.
Or complex mechanism with a stupid story or children story.
Or have a big world but with filled with the same things, like minecraft (example for the world).
Or have an already know world from previous games without any new additions.
Or be a good game(for me), with a good story, new cultures and buildings, new areas, a simple character build but at the same time with a very large options of abilities, spells, items, and not repetitive, and the feel like "i'm different, i'm at this world, i can change it".

We don't know yet.
But i think most of us won't like the price $15/month and the typical mmorpg character evolution(don't know but is expected to be): very slow, many hours, and because of that becomes repetitive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.