Elder Scrolls Online Closed Beta Signups Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but this MMO sounds and looks incredibly generic.

I enjoyed TES games deeply for the story, adventure, theme, and experience.

Mods are what made the game so much better too, I have over 80 mods for Skyrim right now.

This MMO will have none of what makes TES games fun. I am calling flop right now. I will sign up to give it a feel in case I am wrong, but I doubt I am.

Their effort should be dedicated to more single player TES games with features such as co-op.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I may try the beta, just to see if it can match a TES experience.

I would love to see a Multiplayer TES though (not MMO), kind of like how Borderlands 2 is setup.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
TES is likely my favorite game series of all time. That being said, I have never played an MMO that was worth the time. If you aren't into playing in groups then there is just no point in playing. I'll take a good single player campaign over multiplayer any day.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Signing up in hopes to see for myself what they've come up with. I'm not scratching the idea completely because there's a possibility that they could make a decent MMORPG that is unlike the ones we've seen so far and already the MMO has shown to be far from being a WOW clone in terms of combat, questing, stats, etc.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I'm waiting for the newest DLC to hit the PC (a bit unhappy that they seem to be humping the 360 leg these days instead of their core of longtime supporters on the PC)

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
However, it seems that Windows 8 owners may have to take pause, as the entry from asks individuals to run DxDiag on Windows Vista and 7 only.
It says no such thing - it only asks to paste the dxdiag results there, and includes instructions on how to do so in Windows Vista/7. Those of us with Windows 8 merely have to figure out how to run it ourselves (right-click the lower-left corner > Run > type 'dxdiag' > press enter)

[citation][nom]d_kuhn[/nom]I'm waiting for the newest DLC to hit the PC (a bit unhappy that they seem to be humping the 360 leg these days instead of their core of longtime supporters on the PC)[/citation]

As expected till piracy hurts their pocket books enough to come back to the pc scene.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Onihikage[/nom]It says no such thing - it only asks to paste the dxdiag results there, and includes instructions on how to do so in Windows Vista/7. Those of us with Windows 8 merely have to figure out how to run it ourselves (right-click the lower-left corner > Run > type 'dxdiag' > press enter)[/citation]

It did say Vista/7 at one point, remember it's been hours since they opened, and were bound to make changes to the application process!

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Hope this flops so Bethesda doesn't waste more time and resources on multiplayer/MMO games. Why do they have to dilute the franchise? Are they not getting enough money? At least they're not making a movie.

[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]looking at that trailer, i want to see an Elder Scrolls Movie![/citation]Yeah, that always turns out great. Wing Commander, Street Fighter, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat... just can't miss with movies based on games.

The trailer is pretty good, but it's too generic, and all the flashy combat is not at all what makes The Elder Scrolls one of the best RPG franchises of all time.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002

Yea same here... so busy I've barely been able to get 370 hours in.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I sincerely hope this fails.

Not because I have all that much against Bethesda, but because companies need to get it through their thick ass skulls that gamers that play single player games generally want to play singleplayer games.

I want this MMO to crash and burn in the most outlandish way possible because these companies seem to think that "singleplayer" is interchangeable with "multiplayer".

I've no interest in an MMO of any sort. I hate playing games online. I love Co-Op, but only if there's local co-op. Just to give some perspective on me.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
A game trailer without any in-game footage... isn't a game trailer. It's just a movie-short with a similar name and zero relation to the game.

They could have shown an episode of "The Simpsons" for all the difference that made to my wanting to play this MMORPG.

I hate to think of the money that this wasted which could have gone into making the game better instead... No wonder AAA gaming costs so much.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]guardianangel42[/nom]I sincerely hope this fails.Not because I have all that much against Bethesda, but because companies need to get it through their thick ass skulls that gamers that play single player games generally want to play singleplayer games.I want this MMO to crash and burn in the most outlandish way possible because these companies seem to think that "singleplayer" is interchangeable with "multiplayer".I've no interest in an MMO of any sort. I hate playing games online. I love Co-Op, but only if there's local co-op. Just to give some perspective on me.[/citation]Good for you. There's also plenty of people who love both single- and multi-player games. If you have no interest in an MMO, don't play one. There's no need to hope for a game to fail just because you don't like the genre, play the games you like and let others do the same.

G

This is awesome! I was just surfing the web and I seen the beta announcement on TESO Zone. I was so shocked because I didn't expect them to release it any time soon! And needless to say that cinematic trailer is amazing! Action packed, beautiful looking and kept my attention until the end, just like the game will do! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS