[SOLVED] Electric hum in power source

Lautaro96

Commendable
Nov 18, 2021
Hello, It is my first publication I hope not to break any rule

I am currently having a possible "problem" with my power supply (psu)

This happens when I am browsing, either watching videos on TY or on a web page and sometimes I hear a kind of electrical hum coming from the power supply ...

I think it is not Coild Whine because I am not demanding it at that time (I always control my temperatures as well as my energy consumption with MSI Afterburner)
and when I start a game and demand from my computer, this source does coild whine (Also the video card that is already old)

To sum up

When I sail very occasionally I hear the electric hum but no coild whine and when I play and demand it I hear the coild whine and occasionally the electric hum

I understand that the coild whine is not dangerous but the other "Electric buzz" makes me uneasy.

What do you think this sound could be? It doesn't bother me to hear it but it makes me uneasy. Do you think it could be some virus that is using my pc without it appearing in the task manager or in msi afterburner?

I know it is not one of the best sources but at the time I bought it in my country there was little stock of sources and when they reappeared in stock they acquired them quickly, it was also rumored that they were going to increase their value I think because of what happened with the crypto

The power supply was the last thing I bought, they gave me a 6-month warranty which has already expired. but this was the guarantee of the sales position, but the official guarantee of red dragon I do not know

Do not serious the electric hum because it is impossible for me to record it (it cannot be heard on my mobile, but if I manage to record it, I upload it

My Components: Intel i5 7600 (4 Years from purchase) Gtx 1060 MSI 6gb (4 Years since I buy it) Mother MSI H110M PRO-VH PLUS (Years since I bought it) Ram 8GB DDR4 Corsair (4 Years from purchase) Redragon Gc-ps002 600w power supply (1 Year from purchase)

Thank you in advance for reading and I will take into account whatever you say, greetings

Solution
Hi Lautaro96 (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

The PSU is arguably the most important aspect of your system. It is the life blood so to speak and a poor quality PSU can break other hardware components should the unit fail.
Unfortunately :( you have a rubbish cheap bronze rated Chinese unit that deserves the rubbish bin.
Get yourself a gold rated unit of a reputable brand to save yourself from disaster.
Read my PSU fact sheet.

The PSU is arguably the most important aspect of your system. It is the life blood so to speak and a poor quality PSU can break other hardware components should the unit fail.
Unfortunately :( you have a rubbish cheap bronze rated Chinese unit that deserves the rubbish bin.
Get yourself a gold rated unit of a reputable brand to save yourself from disaster.
Read my PSU fact sheet.

Solution

Lautaro96

Commendable
Nov 18, 2021
Why would anyone knowingly buy this PSU? Or was a pre-build and this is what they installed to save money?
Hello, I do not reside in Europe, so this power supply was affordable to me at that time, also I bought it when all supplies were scarce in stock and I did not know if the price was going to regulate or increase drastically, greetings. My previous PSU was a 600w bronze evga

Lautaro96

Commendable
Nov 18, 2021

Read my PSU fact sheet.
Thanks for the welcome! He was not having a good financial time, so he knew it was not a good source. my previous source was an evga 600w bronze. Unfortunately here in Latin America prices are inflated day by day with high quality components and that is what I was able to acquire I'll take a look at the psu sheet, Thanks!