Question Electric Shock

Oct 19, 2023
Hey guys, I actually woke up and I didn't realize my hand was heavily electrocuted by the blanket (I mean it had gotten excessive static electricity);
I straight went to turn my case on but meanwhile I pressed the button, my finger prolly touched the case body and made a sparkle badly (I could say a heavy sparkle to come from a static electricity)

My case just turned on but with motherboard's GPU problem LED turned On and after about 20s and seeing the windows login page, my case suddenly turned off and I wasn't able to turn it on. I re-plugged the PSU, turned it On/Off but nothing worked, so I thought I'm done with the pc until the issue got solved itself after about 5 minutes and I was able to turn it On and now it works fine but...

I wanna know if that "shutting and blocking the electricity" for some minutes is a kind of auto mechanism of PSU or Motherboard caused by an electric shock or there's no such mechanism? Or if there's such mechanism, why it didn't shut the electricity immediately and it just happened after around 20 seconds from turning the pc on?
(Also, I wasn't able to figure out if it was PSU that blocked the electricity or my Motherboard)
Should I be concerned about my PSU or Motherboard? Like I don't want my PSU to malfunction any component later hand you know.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Gururu

Upstanding
Jan 4, 2024
Probably fine. Just needed some extra time for all of the electricity to vacate the system. That is why they say don't touch electrical components for a few minutes after unplugging an appliance because you can still get shocked by those capacitors.