Elixir 8gb ddr3

aDavid903

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
So I'm building a pc, and I bought an ASRock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 with am3+ and DDR3. Now I have found 2 x 4gb with 1333 mHz for €20,- (Elixir 8GB DDR3). Should I go for this? Will it fit? Pls help.

David

Hello David :) IMO? No you shouldn't. I've not read nor seen one review about this RAM. I see it over here https://www.amazon.de/Elixir-M2F4G64CB8HG5N-CG-Arbeitsspeicher-1333MHz-DDR3-RAM/dp/B00D8XKWM2 (I can only assume it's not available). I then see it at eBay and Alibaba. With the markets it's in atm and seeing the complete lack of business reviews and the minimal individual reviews I'd stay as far away from it as possible.

You see Kingston, Corsair, G,Skill, Adata, Mushkin, Crucial and I can't recall some others. Those will have plenty of reviews coming from business and thousands of reviews coming from individuals. It is a consumer's responsibility to make an informed choice. That Elixir(is it named after a cough medicine because it's sick?) RAM doesn't allow the consumer to adequately inform themselves. That is why I say no.

aDavid903

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Ok, I won't buy it. I am on a REALLY tight budget of only €340,- and I've managed to get a sharkoon vg4-w, coolermaster b600 600 watt psu, sapphire radeon nitro r9 380, fx 6300, coolermaster hyper t4 and the asrock mobo i just mentioned, so i have only €30,- left on ram, i guess i'll just wait to upgrade with better quality then. But thanks for the advice :)

David

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
yes they will

i would get a faster cpu, because the gpu you chose is quite powerful, ut his maximum potential in terms of frames per second can be reached only if the cpu also pushed as fast as possible, the fx6300 is not strong enough to make full use of the r9

so for example, instead of get 100 fps on a game, perhaps you will get 70 or 80 fps

nothing terrible

what psu are you going to buy for that gpu, you need good psu, 500 watts minimum

if you can get 16 gbs of ram, in a good price, i would get it, if not, a 2x4 ddr3 1600 or 1866 will be great