[SOLVED] Enabling D.O.C.P in my bios causes my system to bootloop any trouble shooting ideas?

Oct 15, 2021
When I built my first pc I was looking for things to setup on bios and a lot of videos said to enable xmp or D.O.C.P to get the rated speed on your ram. I did so and to my surprise my system boot looped until it booted in safe mode. I've tried 2 different motherboards and 2 different ram kits and nothing.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus b550-f gaming wifi motherboard

Corsair vengeance pro 16 gb 8 x 2 3200mhz

Also have tried a G.skill trident z neo 3600 mhz kit also 16gb 8 x 2.

Solution
If a2 works with xmp and b2 doesn't, this with two different motherboards, then coincidence is far stretched and likely cpu is at fault, possibly an unnoticed bent pin.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ram should be in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu if they are not.

Check docp has adjusted dram voltage to 1.35v before restarting.

Try manually adjusting frequency, memory primary timings (like 4 or 5 numbers as per specs according to cpuz spd timings table for xmp column) and dram voltage 1.35v if docp still fails.

Disable fast boot if this is on.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021
Ram should be in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu if they are not.

Check docp has adjusted dram voltage to 1.35v before restarting.

Try manually adjusting frequency, memory primary timings (like 4 or 5 numbers as per specs according to cpuz spd timings table for xmp column) and dram voltage 1.35v if docp still fails.

Disable fast boot if this is on.
My ram sticks are in the a2 and blocks slots on my motherboard

My bios says 1.35 volts when I save and restart but sometimes resets to 1.2 when I
come back from safe mode

I have used dram Calc to set manual timings for 3200mhz if that's what your referring to.

Fast boot is off.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Reverting back to 1.2v, default settings as oc failed. Try one stick in a2 only.

Check cooler isn't overly tensioned if it's one of those designs, finger tight and half turn more with screw driver.

Cmos battery is + side up?

Dram calculator displays values it doesn't input in bios, that you do yourself.

Oct 15, 2021
Reverting back to 1.2v, default settings as oc failed. Try one stick in a2 only.

Check cooler isn't overly tensioned if it's one of those designs, finger tight and half turn more with screw driver.

Cmos battery is + side up?

Dram calculator displays values it doesn't input in bios, that you do yourself.
Yes I tried putting one stick in a2 only and it boots fine

I have a amd wraith prism so I don't really know how to loosen it without it falling off

The cmos battery is plus side up

I've tried manually entering timings and voltage and nothing changes with the result. It's always a boot loop for I have to remove tramshackle. stick.

I haven't really read any of the other comments, sorry if I repeat someone.

My Threadripper system was like this, would not work with XMP or DOCP settings, I manually input the timing myself, and then up the memory multiplier until I got to where the XMP profile set its self normally and set voltage manually, and it worked for me.