Enabling onboard graphics as well as a GPU

willydood

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel i3-2120
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Factory overclocked
Mobo: Intel DB75EN

I have a second monitor I acquired and am interested in using it. The only issue is that both of my monitors use vga, and my GPU only has one vga port. I hear it is possible to enable onboard graphics as well as a gpu, and I have tried but had no luck. I set my onboard graphics to always enable, but nothing shows up on my second screen. Nothing shows up either when I go into my resolution settings where I could set it to extended desktop. Can anyone tell me if what I have is compatible to do this? And if so, what am I doing wrong?

I also attempted to buy a dvi-vga cable, but I ended up purchasing a dvi-a cable while all I have is dvi-d and I am not able to find anything cheap to make it work. The only thing I plan on using the extended desktop for is keeping a windows of google chrome open to look at while I do other things.

I'm sorry, but you can't have a intel integrated gpu and a dedicated gpu working at the same time :/

willydood

Honorable
May 5, 2013

Yes, I understand that, you have told me 3 times now. I am asking if anyone knows of any good adapters so I can use one of the dvi-d ports on my GPU.

ah sorry, you can use a dvi to vga adapater like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-00045073-DVI-to-VGA-Adapter/dp/B00006J4LS

willydood

Honorable
May 5, 2013

I am looking for something similar, but that is like the one I already bought, dvi-a and my gpu only has dvi-d ports.