Question Enabling support for GLmark2 for Imagination GPU HW

Jul 24, 2024
Hello,

We are trying to Port the GLMark2-ES Benchmark tool (for DRM flavour) on my RISC-V development board which is based on U740 CPU from SiFive, we are able to successfully build and install the GLMark2 Sources using the Meson build system, and don't see any issue. But the problem arises when i'm trying to launch the compiled glmark2-es-drm program we are facing issue with execution:

After execution of the program (glmark2-es-drm) we notice it is using the Mesa SW Pipeline over the CPU, and not over the Imagination GPU HW. (Log below..)

root@Ubuntu-riscv64:~/GL/glmark2# glmark2-es2-drm
MESA-LOADER: failed to open XXX: /usr/lib/dri/XXX_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
Warning: DRM_CAP_ASYNC_PAGE_FLIP not supported, falling back to 'mailbox' mode for SwapInterval(0).
=======================================================
glmark2 2023.01
OpenGL Information
GL_VENDOR: Mesa
GL_RENDERER: softpipe
GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 23.2.1-1ubuntu3.1~22.04.2
Surface Config: buf=32 r=8 g=8 b=8 a=8 depth=32 stencil=0 samples=0
Surface Size: 1080x1920 fullscreen

But, what is noticed is if we don't install Mesa i'm stuck with 'MESA_LOADER' error as below: As the program is unable to locate any of the .so shared object files in my System.

root@Ubuntu-riscv64:~/GL/glmark2# glmark2-es2-drm
MESA-LOADER: failed to open XXX: /usr/lib/dri/XXX_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
MESA-LOADER: failed to open zink: /usr/lib/dri/zink_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
Error: Failed to create GBM device
Error: main: Could not initialize canvas
root@Ubuntu-riscv64:~/GL/glmark2#

If you could share us or can point us out or suggest what's missing here. It'll be helpful for us to look into further and try.

Regards,
Siri