AIANDAS

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004

I know that I should be posting in the Encarta newsgroup this question,
HOWEVER that newsgroup appears to be more of a desert rather than an active
forum. So here's my question: I want to update Encarta, but not using the
automated link from within the program. Is there a page on the Encarta site
that would allow me to download the latest and the greatest? I have 3
machines and don't want to have to DL the 30MB or so each and every time!
Thanks in advance!
Aiandas

There are no standalone updates for Encarta. Updates are only
downloadable via the link provided within the program.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"AIANDAS" wrote:

| I know that I should be posting in the Encarta newsgroup this question,
| HOWEVER that newsgroup appears to be more of a desert rather than an active
| forum. So here's my question: I want to update Encarta, but not using the
| automated link from within the program. Is there a page on the Encarta site
| that would allow me to download the latest and the greatest? I have 3
| machines and don't want to have to DL the 30MB or so each and every time!
| Thanks in advance!
| Aiandas

AIANDAS

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004

that's not very efficient ................anyway, maybe I'll have to find an
alternative resource that competes against encarta. Thanks for the info
though!
> There are no standalone updates for Encarta. Updates are only
> downloadable via the link provided within the program.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "AIANDAS" wrote:
>
> | I know that I should be posting in the Encarta newsgroup this question,
> | HOWEVER that newsgroup appears to be more of a desert rather than an
> active
> | forum. So here's my question: I want to update Encarta, but not using
> the
> | automated link from within the program. Is there a page on the Encarta
> site
> | that would allow me to download the latest and the greatest? I have 3
> | machines and don't want to have to DL the 30MB or so each and every
> time!
> | Thanks in advance!
> | Aiandas

AIANDAS

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004

I found the folder where the updates are installed so that I can simply drag
& drop them into my other machine. This is not a very friendly way of
getting it done though............anyway