Is there a place on thottbot or allakhazam or anywhere that shos you what
you should charge for enchanting.
I have my enchanting up to 110 but have no idea what to charge.

In <0Pednexvwv_cuxTfRVn-rA@bright.net> "ICB & BBT's" <mvikes93@yahoo.com> writes:

> Is there a place on thottbot or allakhazam or anywhere that shos you what
> you should charge for enchanting.
> I have my enchanting up to 110 but have no idea what to charge.

As a starting point, find out the average price in the Auction House
for the materials that will be consumed.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

mikel

ICB & BBT's wrote:
> Is there a place on thottbot or allakhazam or anywhere that shos you what
> you should charge for enchanting.
> I have my enchanting up to 110 but have no idea what to charge.

Figure out what your reagents cost you to acquire. If you buy them, the
cost is what you paid. If you make them by disenchanting, then the cost
is how much money you could have made selling the items or farming for
silver instead of making reagents.

Charge a little more than that cost. With any luck, that price is way
too low, and people will buy up your enchants as fast as you can do
them. That means you should raise the price. Keep raising the price
until people stop buying. Then lower it back to where they start buying
again; now you know what to charge.

If people don't buy at the lowest reasonable price, get out of that
business and do something else for money.

The real Money is in Disenchanting. Add the interface mod Echantrix. This
tracks items you disenchant and records what they disenchant into.
Compliment this with Auctioneer. Auctioneer over time will give you an
Average posting price on AH. Buy up weapons and Armor at AH where the
disenchant will yield regeants worth more to sell at AH then the item itself
was to buy.

On Mon, 16 May 2005 23:07:53 GMT, mikel <mikel@evins.net> wrote:

>If people don't buy at the lowest reasonable price, get out of that
>business and do something else for money.

I tried the mining/blacksmith route but found that generally you can
sell what you get mining for more money that you can get by making an
item and then selling it. I made lots of items in order to get my
mining skills up but soon realized that I could have gotten more for
the ingredients and with a lot less trouble. So my blacksmithing
skill s are stuck at 275 and I have little motivation to go any
further.

On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:01:18 -0500, ICB & BBT's wrote:

> Is there a place on thottbot or allakhazam or anywhere that shos you what
> you should charge for enchanting.

Many enchanters use the list at the URL below as a pricing guide:
http://crimson-eagles.org/prof_recipes.php?prof=5

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/