[SOLVED] End to end error detection, Airflow temperature and Interface CRC count failure in HD tune

Tanish2005

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
End to end error detection and Airflow temperature showing failure in HD tune, along with interface CRC count at attention for my seagate 7 year old, ST1000DM003-1CH162, what does this mean, is the drive going bad? Also the hard disk is becoming slower day by day, opening of apps are going slower, boot up time increased etc. Tried changing SATA port and even Clean installing Windows (was a pain) after formatting it, games like CSGO and fortnite takes up ages to load now, shoould i change my hard disk, what i am thinking of, is using this 1tb hdd as my secondary storage and using a new 256ssd as my primary one
System specs:
i7 4770k
GTX 1050ti
ST1000DM003-1CH162 1TB HDD
450W PSU
idk american megatrends motherboard

Tanish2005

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
Advise you replace it ASAP. Don't use it at all, not even as a secondary drive.

Copy any irreplaceable files from it while you still can.
As you are telling me, I am going to backup my hard drive while its still on, lol, i forgot to turn it off last night, i will replace it after my exams finish (its in 15 days), will replace it with an 256g ssd, and will open the old one up and take it to my class (we are learning about how hdds work in computer science lol). So i understand my data is at stake :oops:. btw thanks man :D