Enter to Win in Our Asus X79 System Design Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp231

Splendid
Any notice Sabertooth gives 2 year extra warranty, but is stripped in features when you compare to their 3 year model like PX979 Pro/Deluxe. Package accessory isn't that great either.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Ok that's it. We need a Tomshardware.ca and our own set of contests for the Kold North[/citation]

The Land Down Under wants some love as well - www.tomshardware.au would be sweet. And the challenge to keep cool in the Australian summer is very difficult, so today's "COOLEST system" fits our needs perfectly.

zer0net

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Ok that's it. We need a Tomshardware.ca and our own set of contests for the Kold North[/citation]
I second that. +1

the_laughing_man

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
When you say "Build the coolest system to win." do you mean the coolest visually looking system, or the coolest running system temperature wise. My impression is the former.

Besides whoever win this competition is going to have a Hot system no matter what.

ughmas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I interpreted coolest as temperature wise, too bad its so ambiguous. 1500 budget is silly when just the processor and motherboard are minimum 900$.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]The Land Down Under wants some love as well - www.tomshardware.au would be sweet. And the challenge to keep cool in the Australian summer is very difficult, so today's "COOLEST system" fits our needs perfectly.[/citation]
My system involves overclocking...FANLESS!!!! In the dead of Winter in Canada.
Keep Cool!!!!!!! SNOWCOOLING

Ichy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
A true "latin America" tomshardware would be nice as well. Note I"m an American that merely works in Latin America, specifically Chile. Also, we could use a better continent wide newegg, it will help stabalize prices in the South American continent.

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I will pass. I only win ONE of the components? The only thing i would use is the watercooler, the other things I would end up selling on ebay.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]ichy[/nom]A true "latin America" tomshardware would be nice as well. Note I"m an American that merely works in Latin America, specifically Chile. Also, we could use a better continent wide newegg, it will help stabalize prices in the South American continent.[/citation]
LOL.

ughmas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]I will pass. I only win ONE of the components? The only thing i would use is the watercooler, the other things I would end up selling on ebay.[/citation]

one SET of components

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I wish I could enter, but my internet is just too slow to load pages. Took me 1,5hrs before I found HD, CPU, RAM and case! I ran out of time... I would probably not have won anyway!

Agree $1,500 budget for a Sandy Bridge-E is awful. Just the CPU and required MB are 59% of the $1,500 budget.

Noticed some folks submissions saying stock CPU cooler, guess they don't realize there inst one. Handful of others have incompatible CPU coolers. Guess those wont be the "coolest" builds.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]The Land Down Under wants some love as well - www.tomshardware.au would be sweet. And the challenge to keep cool in the Australian summer is very difficult, so today's "COOLEST system" fits our needs perfectly.[/citation]

I'm all for this guy ^

wardler

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]I wish I could enter, but my internet is just too slow to load pages. Took me 1,5hrs before I found HD, CPU, RAM and case! I ran out of time... I would probably not have won anyway![/citation]
Your chances just went from "probably not" to "none". lol

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]My system involves overclocking...FANLESS!!!! In the dead of Winter in Canada.Keep Cool!!!!!!! SNOWCOOLING[/citation]

I actually have a vent running from a modified hole window (when it's opened) to the intake vent on my pc using that flexible hose stuff for clothes dryers. Only works in the middle of winter but i get less than 20*C under load on my GPU when its -20 or so.

It's probably really hard on my pc's components to do that though.

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]poofypants[/nom]$900 for a cpu and board. In a 1,500 build. Glad to see some people still smoke crack.[/citation]

:lol:

It's doable - but some of the other components - like RAM and HD are ridiculously overpriced too.

Status
Not open for further replies.