Enter to Win Resident Evil 5 and a Core i7 CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I decided that from now on I won't click anything on Tom's that has the word "contest" in it.
It's as if they like crushing the dreams of non US readers! =(

olcayertas

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
Another US only contest. i hate this "US only" things. is it really hard to deliver prizes to another country?

shiroikaze

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
[citation][nom]olcayertas[/nom]Another US only contest. i hate this "US only" things. is it really hard to deliver prizes to another country?[/citation]
Unfortunately, yes.

f16boiler

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I'm no CPA, but I would think there would be tax implications to these contests that would make allowing non-US citizens a pain.

G

Just a processor? So then i'd have to buy a new motherboard and some memory? Hmm...

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Joanana[/nom]Just a processor? So then i'd have to buy a new motherboard and some memory? Hmm...[/citation]

Sell the processor on eBay. Play the game. Win-win.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I just want that Corei7...Im still on a high end core 2 duo.Ive been playing RE5..its ok but its not like OMG first thing after work Im playing RE5 like manny games Ive played have done this to me.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]olcayertas[/nom]Another US only contest. i hate this "US only" things. is it really hard to deliver prizes to another country?[/citation]
It's not hard to deliver it, but there are legal issues involved with running competitions in other countries as well. There's red tape to get through, and most sites don't consider it worth the effort. Anyone remember the PNY 3D Mark Vantage contest? They didn't have to do anything but email you a code, but it was still a North America-only contest (although you could get around that since they didn't require proof of identity).

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]From the looks of the game ports graphics I bet a old P4 could handle it.[/citation]

No. Usually console ports are terrible and require much much more out of a PC than it should. So much higher than that.

city_zen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Great! Another contest restricted to just 36.6% of Tom's readership (remember?)
OK, since we're seeing a seemingly unavoidable trend here (Tom's contests being restricted to residents of the US of A), you could at least state in the article's title:"(US only)", as a courtesy to the majority of your readers.

P.S.: I just hope that the winner lives in the deep North of Alaska so they have a hell of a time delivering it

G

I can do nothing with resident Evil, but sell it.
I can do about the same with a CPU, unless I'd magically cough up money to buy a mobo somewhere that supports a corei7 processor.
If I win it, I'll buy the stuff for the i7; otherwise I'll save up for an Atom netbook!

Status
Not open for further replies.