Entering Power Saving Mode

WiredKill

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hey guys, I just wanted to bring this up because its really getting in the way of all my gaming. Whenever I play demanding games like crysis 2 or battlefield 3, after a while (usually 20 minutes) my screen goes black and it says Entering power saving mode. I have windows 7 64 bit home premium, hd radeon 6850 crossfire, and 750 watts of power. What could it be?

That means that your graphics signal is cutting out, either its a graphics card problem, or your system is shutting down due to excessive temperatures or insufficient power. What are your temps when you run furmark and prime 95? You can use HW Monitor to watch your temps.

Also, since PSUs are not all created equal, do you happen to know which 750W unit you have? There are some old 750 W units out there that cant handle anywhere near a 750 W load.

choovuck

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

hey WiredKill, I think I started having the same problem as you did. I have Alienware Aurora with Radeon videocard, so it sounds very related. Did you figure out in the end what happened? Is the videocard dying, or is it heating thing?