EP 8KTA3 and ac97 sound problems

G

I have 2 identical Duron 800 machines running Win2k SP1 and DX 8 and the onboard sound is awful....choppy as hell when the hdd(WD 7.2k ata100) is doing anything at the same time.
No IRQ conflicts...everything's happy install-wise...but sound chugs like a bitch :(
I'm toying with the idea of installing a later 4 in 1 driver set (using the 125(?) ones from the epox cd atm) but via being via, I'm in more danger of fixing one problem and creating 4 more....
Vid cards are oem leadtek gf2mx using nvidia 6.27 drivers
Is anyone having the same issues?

G

I've got the same problem with an abit VH6T mobo and an IBM ata/100 drive. The sound stutters when the disk is accessed or occasionally the sound just stops working..
Don't seem to be any IRQ clashes, although the I/O addresses and those for the IDE are all close to each other. Have you found a fix since you posted this ?

Thanks

G

This may or may not help. I have the same board as you two with a 700 Duron OC to 900. I have a 30GB MAxtor 7200 RPM ATA100 drive and a 450 MEG Seagate PIO2 drive on the same line. A TNT2 M64 AGP card. Using the on board sound I recieve no problems. I use the latest, NON-BETA 4 in 1 drivers and the ORIGINAL AC97 sound drivers that came with my CD-Rom. (not the latest one from the VIA hardware site.)

hope that helps a bit

Fighting a one-man-war against Windows.

TRENDING THREADS