Epic: Bulletstorm Didn't Make Any Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Because the game sucks?!?!?! This is what happens when a game is produced by some diva with a degree rather than someone with a gaming background.

Probably went something like this...
Clueless oily weasel exec "That girl is hot, and I like her more than the overweight guy who talks about game theory all day. I mean, that girl with the degree doesn't even talk about games, so put her in charge."

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
I don't trust Metacritic scores anymore. Just look at the spread most EA games have between critic and user reviews.

Bulletstorm fails because it is an average game with below average multi-player in a crowded field with little marketing support from EA.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Most of the cross platform tiles to come out so far in the last couple of years have failed. If your going to make a PC game, make a PC game. Don't try to port a console game to the PC. Crysis 2 , Bulletstorm, Just Cause 2,and Duke Nukem Forever to name a few. The only titles that worked well across all platforms were Batman Arkham Asylum , Dead Space 1 and 2 and the Mass Effect Series.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
i am not surprised it sold poorly. it had framerate and textures from day one. and these were not really addressed by the developer until very late.

the gameplay was excellent ,BTW.

G

the game looks fun but.. its just another fps, guess ppl are getting tired of them.
(I am at least)

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
I had fully intended to buy this game but after the stupid comments about PC gamers by Blezinsky(You did get your start with PC games Cliffy, it might be a good idea to remember that.), the late PC demo(the game was developed on the PC, why was the PC demo late?), and the very short and uninteresting demo, I stopped caring.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I've been waiting for a good sale. $120 + tax is expensive for my wife and I to play a single game for 6 hours. Lots of sp / coop campaigns are around the 6 hour mark making it ~20 bucks an hour to play. I'd be better off paying someone to do yard work at that price.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]JC2 was amazing on the PC![/citation]
This. But, I do think it's the exception. That and Crysis 2, although it wasn't completed until three months after it was released.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i know why it failed financially.

you tied a beta or demo for gears 3 to it.

people decided that upon hearing that, the game was crap and you wanted to make a 60$ beta/demo money off a mediocre game.

game was great, but thats how most people saw it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]SmileyTPB1[/nom]I had fully intended to buy this game but after the stupid comments about PC gamers by Blezinsky(You did get your start with PC games Cliffy, it might be a good idea to remember that.), the late PC demo(the game was developed on the PC, why was the PC demo late?), and the very short and uninteresting demo, I stopped caring.[/citation]

yea, cliff is the reason i hate epic, treat the pc gamer right and we treat you right back, f*** us and we f*** you back

G

Jesus, how's your spell check there at Tom's?! You misspelled Capps' name 3 times ::- D.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]stardude82[/nom]Bulletstorm fails because it is an average game with below average multi-player in a crowded field with little marketing support from EA.[/citation]

Couldn't agree more.

crash_overide228

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
This game only took me less than four hours to beat, and at $60 that's not acceptable. Those few hours were full of fun but that's still too much for a game with little to no replay-ability. I suspect its poor market performance is a result of the consumer being fed up with its lack of play time.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Maybe I'm just getting old but the mouse and keyboard controls seemed too confusing. I had a lot more fun playing the 360 demo using the controller, to the point I almost bought the stupid PC version of the 360 controller. Maybe I just need one of those nice and expensive gaming keyboards

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]tinmann[/nom]Most of the cross platform tiles to come out so far in the last couple of years have failed. If your going to make a PC game, make a PC game. Don't try to port a console game to the PC. Crysis 2 , Bulletstorm, Just Cause 2,and Duke Nukem Forever to name a few. The only titles that worked well across all platforms were Batman Arkham Asylum , Dead Space 1 and 2 and the Mass Effect Series.[/citation]

Not exactly... Mass Effect was a good game, yes, but it wasn't without the usual port problems by ANY means. The first Mass Effect didn't even support wide-screen and the textures would pop in and out in odd places due to console optimization. It was a port. The game was great, but it was still a crap port (from a technical standpoint).

Status
Not open for further replies.