Epic: DirectX 11 Coming to Ureal Engine 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmouse

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]I'm happy this finally happened, but lets be honest, the Unreal engine isn't really that great. It's simply widely used.I was really pleased to hear that ME3 was doing away with it.[/citation]

Haha, wtf.... did no one actually read this article? Everyone is talking about ME3 and how it won't be using this engine, or asking if ME3 will use it....
"Unreal Engine 3 will also serve as the backbone for upcoming titles including Batman: Arkham City, BioShock Infinite, Gears of War 3, Mass Effect 3 and Mortal Kombat."
Let me shorten that quote so maybe you'll be able to catch it -
"Unreal Engine 3 will also serve as the backbone for upcoming titles... Mass Effect 3..."
Really guys, reading isn't that tough....

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Yeah it's unreal alright. Unreal that the graphics have improved but the gaming experience is so late 90's. Will someone step up with new game rules and innovations. I'm bored with FPS counts.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Do it then, become that someone you want to have in this world!
Indie developers normally try it, while large Companies and developers try and stay safe by leading on other games either made by them or already released for their next release.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]..., what's Ureal Engine 3?[/citation]
Ureal implies that it is related to urea which is a waste product that is secreted in the urine.

Status
Not open for further replies.