Epic Games Finally Working on a PC Exclusive Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
If they return to the PC i really want another UT. Although i will say Unreal 2: the awakening was pretty amazing at the time when i first played it. It took my PC almost a decade just to load into the menu, but it was breath taking. Hope whatever comes its something that will really stick to being an exclusive and really hope its a true sequel if it is UT like the original UT99

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I sure don't want an another braindead multiplayer fragfest like Unreal Tournament, I'd like a new Unreal with a compelling story and updated graphics. Enough with the social multiplayer junk, the absolute maximum I can go with multiplayer is co-op.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
till Cliff Bleszinski is either fired, or leaves, i wont touch epic games games (im seperateing studio form engine).

i dont like him, mike is tollarable, when ever he talked about about piracy, he just said it changed the buissness model, and it did.

cliff is quoted saying to an effect anyone who builds a pc pirates and eff them, they don't get my games.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mrpijey[/nom]I sure don't want an another braindead multiplayer fragfest like Unreal Tournament, I'd like a new Unreal with a compelling story and updated graphics. Enough with the social multiplayer junk, the absolute maximum I can go with multiplayer is co-op.[/citation]

i would love a mindless and highly skill based cqb unreal like game, thats my favorite multiplayer style game

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Yeah, Cliffy B is an arrogant prick. He pretty much talks out his ass ALL the time. Every time I see him being quoted somewhere, I tend to get a violent twitch.
At any rate, I would like to see a new Unreal Tournament. I played the hell out of the 1st one and UT2K4 and I still fire them up from time to time just for a nostalgic kick. I was sad that the last one sort of bombed. Anyway, Im curious to see what they have planned, as long as its not like Gears of War...

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
wishfully thinking they are temporarily abandoning consoles in protest to the lack of any movement hardware wise.

I still think they should just sell a standardised PC instead of a console, then there wouldn't be huge issues with this porting business.

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
better be unreal engine 4.0 with samaritan like graphics that scalable from medium to entusiast class with unique and fresh gameplay that guaranted to be fun and dont forget to distribute it to steam also. i''l buy it.

most of us don't care if it is a PC exclusive. Just design the game for the PC first, and then dumb it down for the consoles. It is designing things for the consoles first that makes games suck on the PC.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
It's really sad that such a capable engine is not being put to its optimal use. PC would be able to handle the UNREAL engine magnificently, but any game we get with that engine is usually just a shitty port.

If Unreal made better games, and priced them accordingly AND competitively [hint hint to all developers, it's still a competition knuckle heads] piracy effects would be non-existent. Some people who pirate the game never even have the intention of purchasing it, so that isn't a lost sale. Some people just don't want to fork over $60 for a mild experience. Like I always say, if all games were sold at $30 retail, +/- $5 depending on quality, the industry would be in much better health, and the used game sector would be way smaller. Gamestop used games is $27 if a new one is $30 [usually]. That's just not enough to justify a Used game most of the time

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
This is likely going to be a PC exclusive until the next gen consoles hit the market. After that, it will all be for consoles again. The reason they are developing a PC title now is to experience making a full title built on DirectX 11. Its likely just a tool to help them tune their engine for the next Xbox.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I don't want to see another Unreal or Gears of War game. I know a lot of people get excited about those franchises, but I want to see something new and fresh. I'd be thrilled to play something that mixes sci-fi and fantasy. Give me something that reminds me of Final Fantasy 6, 7, and 8. That would be one serious competitor to Skyrim. I'm not really interested in playing another linear Epic shooter. They need to aim higher this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.