Epic's Unreal Engine 3 Incorporates Anaglyph 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
something must be wrong with my head or somethign cause i never see things in 3d with the red-blue glasses .. shutter glasses seem to work for me, but even in the theatre i don't really get the same 3d effect when watching a "3d" movie... am i the only one?

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]something must be wrong with my head or somethign cause i never see things in 3d with the red-blue glasses .. shutter glasses seem to work for me, but even in the theatre i don't really get the same 3d effect when watching a "3d" movie... am i the only one?[/citation]
No!

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]something must be wrong with my head or somethign cause i never see things in 3d with the red-blue glasses .. shutter glasses seem to work for me, but even in the theatre i don't really get the same 3d effect when watching a "3d" movie... am i the only one?[/citation]

yes!
i can see 3d with my eye crossed, with ease (which painfull).

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
For PC users, you already have anaglyph available in 3D vision drivers
and even optimised anaglyph in IZ3D drivers ...

The only interesting thing is "This approach negates the need for rendering multiple images". I'd like to see the performance gain compared to what is already available (see previous paragraph).

G

Anaglyph...an epic, unreal headache if you ask me. I rather play in 2D with full color than in 3D with everything a reddish-bluish tint.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
No, I have to try really hard to see the 3D effects when using colored glasses. I do have a little easier time at the theater with the polorized glasses, but shutter glasses work the best for me. I only hate that they make the image darker (closing lenses makes it so half the light is getting to each eye).

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm still not impressed with 3D, but having the option of paying for cheap glasses instead of the insanely priced 3D Vision or a 3D TV is an improvement.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
wow!! use some glasses that will make you seem like a color blind person to see some 3d action... (if you can see some) and then end with a headache? no thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.