Epson scan software for Windows 8

SteveMST

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
I upgraded to Windows 8 and the Scanner Event Manager won't work anymore. This is needed to program the one-button scanning feature. EPSON doesn't have a version for Windows 8.

Does anybody know of a substitute?

SteveMST

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for your answer, but EPSON Scan does work in Windows 8. I have the GT-S50 which uses a one-button software called Event Manager. You can program different actions into Event Manager depending on what you select on the screen, like B&W Single-Side, Duplex, etc. and the destination folder. So all you have to do is put the document in the feeder, make your selection and press the scan button. Well, Event Manager doesn't work in Windows 8 and EPSON doesn't seem to have it, although I will check the link that you posted, just in case.

Thanks again for your help.

SteveMST

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Yes, I went to the Epson Europe page, I was looking in the North American page. I found that Event Manager version 2.5 and up is Windows 8 compatible. It didn't list it for my model, but I downloaded it for the NX330 Multifunction and it works!

Thanks for the tip! Problem solved!

Raven_ITS

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
You can also search for your printer model in the Epson FTP site by using the search string "sx425w site:ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download" if you have a sx425w or whatever your model number is.

jacek r

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I have been using Epson RX-425 (ink jet with scanner).
No drivers or epson scan for Win 7 and 8.
I have successfully used driver & software (including Epson Scan) for Windows Vista - it does work on Windows 8 !
The file is: epson3130eu.exe.
I hope it helps :) as a scanner, RX-425 is still quite useful.

ceeceejaye

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
OK. This worked for me. Firstly Windows 8.1 Epson XP-400 All in One.
I get the usual probs with the event manager and the scanner not exporting to the laptop even via USB. I also get the driver needs to be installed even when it is.
My solution after much hair-pulling is;
Control panel - View devices and printers.
My XP-400 is there twice as Epson XP-400 Series and the same but with (network)
Select the NON network one and create shortcut on the desktop. (You can operate it from the folder but it is easier to have the desktop shortcut.)
Close the Devices and Printers folders if you have opted for the Desktop Shortcut.
Right click on the Desktop Icon and voila... lots of options including... start scan.
Start Scan.... it works.
You can play about with scanner properties in the right click too.
Of course it doesn't work from the printer scan button still but problem three quarters solved.
Works for me.

Sorry guys.
Just discovered that the scan option only works if you have the printer connected via USB. It does work though.