Question Epson wf-3640 error code 0x9a

actionduck

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
Hi everyone. I am trying to fix my wife's Epson wf-3640 printer and have hit a brick wall. At start up, it whirls a couple times, then give me error code 0x9a, and will do nothing else. Rebooting and power cycling do nothing. There are no papers or other objects obstructing operation of the machine. I understand this is a pretty broad, generic error code, but does anyone have advice to share? I have used non-Epson cartridges in the machine, and have read about Epson's use of firmware updates to penalize user who dare to stray from Epson cartridges. I would try to roll back the firmware to see if that fixes the issue, but I can't get anywhere past the error code screen. My wife gets attached to her electronics, and is complaining about the new printer I swapped on to her desk, while I am trying to fix this one, as it is slow and loud. I appreciate any help provided. 😀

0x9A – Circuit error (include blowout of a fuse) • Printhead failure • Power Supply board failure • Head FFC failure (unconnecting the FFC/ Head FFC is failure) • Main board failure

Clean the print head

If you can check the psu board for burning marks or faulty components inside the printer

Latest posts