[SOLVED] Error 0xc000000f

Oct 18, 2020
Sorry If I'm posting this in the wrong section. My PC is giving me the error in the title. It was running fine but I had to restart the system, and in the process of restarting, I got a BSOD. Now, when I start the PC, It gives me the error and tells me to insert the CD to try and repair. The weird thing though is that when I have to select the Hard Drive in the setup screen, It shows 0MB, even though my HD is 1TB, I Also can't restore the system to a earlier date, even though I created a restore point 3 days ago. Trying to repair Also does nothing. I believe this might be a problem with the sata cable but I need to be sure before I buy one. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Solution
Buy a SATA cable first, they don't cost that much. Until you buy one how else are you going to know if it's a cable issue?

If new cable makes no difference you haven't exactly lost a fortune -- lol.

Next thing I would be suspecting is a failed hard drive if it's showing zero storage space.
Try testing it with bootable diagnostic software such as SeaTools Bootable

(Note: it does not have to be a Seagate HDD to use SeaTools)
Buy a SATA cable first, they don't cost that much. Until you buy one how else are you going to know if it's a cable issue?

If new cable makes no difference you haven't exactly lost a fortune -- lol.

Next thing I would be suspecting is a failed hard drive if it's showing zero storage space.
Try testing it with bootable diagnostic software such as SeaTools Bootable

(Note: it does not have to be a Seagate HDD to use SeaTools)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS