Error 0xc000007b

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaSk8r117

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hello all, whenever I try to open a DirectX/Visual C++ game (such as Far Cry 3 or ArmA II) I get the error 0xc000007b. Any help? I'm guessing it's a driver problem, but any help is appreciated.

Solution
I've got nothing. If you really suspect it is a video card problem, try another thread in the video card section, but entitle it somthing generic and not just the error code. Somthing like "Help! Video Card Issue!

BeaSk8r117

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

I don't get a bluescreen, just an error box. I have searched google for the particular error code, but nothing really concrete has come up. Any other ideas?

foshizz

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I've got nothing. If you really suspect it is a video card problem, try another thread in the video card section, but entitle it somthing generic and not just the error code. Somthing like "Help! Video Card Issue!

Solution

BeaSk8r117

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

It's not a Video Card Issue, I started having it after reinstalling windows, but I thimk I'm just gonna reinstall windows (yet again) and just bring my files back

igor83n

Honorable
May 27, 2013

If anyone steel have problem with this error, here is how i'm solved it:
I'm using Windows 7 64bit
Replace files with original ones in sysWOW64

xinput1_1.dll
xinput1_2.dll
xinput1_3.dll
XInput9_1_0.dll

Those are xbox controler dll files, some games need specific settings and modifications of this dlls and some doesn't.
Just copy from PC on wich this files arnt modifiated and error 0xc000007b will disapear!
Sorry for bad language!

Mark Banach

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I had the same problem with dark souls and brutal legend. After days of searching for a solution on the internet, I didn't find anything. So I tought lets just try something random.

step 1: go to c/program files/steam/steamapps/brutal legend (can be any other game with the same problem)
step 2: look for the directory with the directx files.
step 3: unzip all the zip files.
step 4: copy and replace all the .dll files you find to system32 (make back-ups just in case)

Hop this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.