Question Error C5

Oct 11, 2022
Error C5 ram

Hello, I'm having the error C5 I believe it's from the Rams but from what I researched before buying the motherboard supports XMP and 6000mhz I don't understand I already checked if everything was well fitted I tried to search they say it might be necessary to update the bios even today it came out today they could tell me help?

My Rams: RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB XMP 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000MHz CL36 White

My motherboard: Motherboard ATX Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero

CPU: Ryzen 7900X

thank you for the help if you profess to help me!

Lutfij

Titan
What you should've been looking for is AMD EXPO support on the ram kit. You could try and make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version and then try manually inputting the frequency, timings and voltage as shown on the stickered side of the ram kit. If that still doesn't work, return the ram kit for one that is known to have AMD EXPO support.

My 2 cents though
:)

Reactions: Rose941
Oct 11, 2022
What you should've been looking for is AMD EXPO support on the ram kit. You could try and make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version and then try manually inputting the frequency, timings and voltage as shown on the stickered side of the ram kit. If that still doesn't work, return the ram kit for one that is known to have AMD EXPO support.

My 2 cents though
:)
I'm from Portugal, on their website it says that the motherboard supports up to 6400 and supports both XMP and EXPO technology I'll try to return if the update doesn't work if I lost 300 euros basically…

Lutfij

Titan
on their website it says that the motherboard supports up to 6400 and supports both XMP and EXPO technology
Can you tell me where? I even read through the manual and it's specs page; nothing with X.M.P or XMP is mentioned in either.

Corsair's kit(at that frequency and capacity) is not even on the memoryQVL for that motherboard, which is something you should follow as a guideline when adopting new hardware/platforms.

Reactions: Rose941
Oct 11, 2022
on their website it says that the motherboard supports up to 6400 and supports both XMP and EXPO technology
Can you tell me where? I even read through the manual and it's specs page; nothing with X.M.P or XMP is mentioned in either.

Corsair's kit(at that frequency and capacity) is not even on the memoryQVL for that motherboard, which is something you should follow as a guideline when adopting new hardware/platforms.
Hello, on the site where I bought it said that it supported and I have been buying there for years I think it's strange will I return then?

https://www.pcdiga.com/motherboard-atx-asus-rog-crosshair-x670e-hero-90mb1bc0-m0eay0-4711081862420

if you can read on description says it supports both xmp and expo

Oct 11, 2022
hello, I'm going to test it that way but I don't know how to do it anymore in Portugal almost no store has expo memeoria, I think it's so weird I saw people on Reddit using Rams XMP and it works I don't know what's going on

Oct 11, 2022
the site where I bought it said that it supported
If Asus says otherwise, who do you believe, the seller or the people who made the board in their factory?

You've tried with slots A2 and B2 as per the motherboard manual?
i think i found the problem my motherboard recommendation is a2 and b2 and not a1 and b1 i will try