Error code: 0xC004F074

Sibi93

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
I upgraded my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro. bt it was not activated. I tried A Lot of keys and nothing worked.When i tried this key ************* and my Win10 pro became Win10 Enterprise. It says my current key is this but when i click the button ,,activate" i got this error: 0xC004F074: The Key Management Server (KMS) is unavailable" please help

Solution
The free upgrade from windows 8/8.1 to 10 does not involve entering a key. The upgrade process generates one from your hardware and windows key to identify your pc and stores the key on Microsofts servers. Once you complete the free upgrade you can install win10 fresh and it will find your existing key on those servers and use it. Again you would not enter a key manually.

I'm not why you were prompted to enter a key but using the Enterprise one put you squarely into pirated software territory and I assume this is what you want to correct. All i can suggest is to revert back to your 8.1 pro and follow the upgrade path I already outlined.

Your other option is to purchase a win10 pro key.

popatim

Titan
The free upgrade from windows 8/8.1 to 10 does not involve entering a key. The upgrade process generates one from your hardware and windows key to identify your pc and stores the key on Microsofts servers. Once you complete the free upgrade you can install win10 fresh and it will find your existing key on those servers and use it. Again you would not enter a key manually.

I'm not why you were prompted to enter a key but using the Enterprise one put you squarely into pirated software territory and I assume this is what you want to correct. All i can suggest is to revert back to your 8.1 pro and follow the upgrade path I already outlined.

Your other option is to purchase a win10 pro key.

Solution

mamamun

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016

Same problem happened in windows 7, 8 and windows 10. I found a useful method to solve this problem.
http://trickytechtunes.blogspot.com/2016/01/windows-10-activation-error-0xC004F074-solved.html
Just follow those simple steps and it will be okay.