Error with HP Laserjet 6L

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Does anybody here know how to fix a Fuser error in the HP Laserjet 6L printer?
I have no idea where to begin.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by holygrenade on 04/30/01 05:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Are you refering to an error code/message or a physical problem with fusing?

Fuser probs are usually caused by a blown bulb.

More details please?

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
When i try to print something, the printer led's show an error status, which corresponds to the Fuser Error.

Any Idea How I could go about fixing it or would I need to take it to a repair shop?

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Sorry for the delay in replying, this site hasn't been working for me :-(

I'm not sure about the Laserjet 6L specifically. I would have thought the machine would throw up the error soon after you power on.

The fuser roller is normally thermostat controlled. If the bulb is blown the machine will time-out as it never reaches the correct temp.

I would talk to a repair shop. If you can speak with an engineer and not the usual telephone answering halfwit, you might get a correct diagnosis and possibly even a part number.

G

Ive spoken to hp people about the 6L, and they say "Oh, youve got one of THOSE", one of the hp tech people suggested that I tell my cust to buy a different model, seems they have had a few problems with them, they wouldent elaborate on what probs though

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Nah i don't think I'll get another laser printer. I bought it a couple of years ago to print my university stuff. Now that i've finished uni and am working, I print everything at work. But printing off your CV and other Job applications at work isn't very logical. Thats why I need that printer.

Thanx you two. I'll Just have to pop into uni oneday and do some printing. I'll take the printer to some repair shop sometime as well.

Thanx again.

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

hollett

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
Hello there. The part number for a fuser Heating Element for a HP Laserjet 6L is RG5-3459-000CN (110V) or RG5-3463-000CN (220V), and the Thermistor Cable is RG5-2032-000CN.