Question Ethernet disconnects when using specific programs, works fine on VPN

Jun 29, 2020
I've been living with this problem for a while because I figured out a work around. I noticed that whenver I would try to joing a discord voice chat it would work fine for about 5-10 minutes, but eventually I would disconnect from the call and lose all network connectivity on my computer for several minutes. I was not able to determine why this is happening, but I did discover that if I turned on my VPN the problem ceased. I only had this problem with Discord up until recently. Recently I started playing smash bros online with Dolphin emulator, and I noticed that this program is also having the exact same problem. The VPN solution is less than ideal for this because the VPN adds ping.

MOBO - Sabertooth 990FX r2.0
Router- TP-Link AC1750

I am connected to the router via a Zyxel AV2000 powerline adapter.

I was thinking about contacting my ISP about this, but for my situation it's not that simple but maybe someone here can clue me in to what's going on because I'm lost.

Jun 29, 2020
I found a thread with a similar problem that suggested that the powerline adapter could be overheating overheating. I ran a wire from my desktop to the router to see if bypassing the powerline adapter would be any different, and it seems to be the case. I was able to play just fine. So the problem lies somewhere with the powerline adapter. I'm just going to drill a hole in the wall and run a wire.