[SOLVED] Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Oct 28, 2019
After installing the latest geforce game-ready driver for the new COD Modern Warfare I restarted my computer. When the computer turned on again I was no longer connected to the internet and after a bit of troubleshooting I found out Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration. To fix this I have tried:

• Turning router off/on
  • Turning off fast start-up
  • making sure obtaining IP address was automatic
  • Using terminal to reset Winsock etc but when I try "ipconfig /renew" or"ipconfig /release" it tells me "the system cannot find the file specified"
  • Disabling IPv6
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling network drivers

Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?

Solution
Odd..this problem occurred to me 9 days ago, neither resetting the Router nor installing new Windows helped, it could be slightly different but i don't think the issue is on your end.
Only way i managed to fix it by having tech suppprt do a fresh install to the Router software so might as well try it!
Oct 28, 2019
Reset Router to Factory default. If that didn't work, contact your Router support team and ask for re-installing new software to the router.
I think it's a software issue

When I tried to reset TPC/IP it gave me 2 errors. By going into Regedit and by giving "everyone" permission to both folders "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26" & "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a01-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26" I was able to reset TCP/IP but i still couldnt renew or release TCP/IP. I went to reopen the same folders both named 26 and it said "26 cannot be opened. An error is preventing this key from being opened. Details: The system cannot find the file specified" When I right-click them and go into permissions it says where the permission boxes used to be "The requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed" however I can still reset TCP/IP perfectly fine. but once again renew or release gives me the error "the system cannot find the file specified"

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Odd..this problem occurred to me 9 days ago, neither resetting the Router nor installing new Windows helped, it could be slightly different but i don't think the issue is on your end.
Only way i managed to fix it by having tech suppprt do a fresh install to the Router software so might as well try it!

Solution
Oct 28, 2019
Maybe but I've spent 3 days doing this so I'm just gonna send it and wipe my pc. I really hope it's on my end

Ralston18

Titan
Before you wipe your pc...

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all". Someone may note a problem therein.

Who has full admin rights to the router? The router's logs if available and enabled may provide some clue as to what is happening.

Run the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Likewise for "sfc /scannow" via the command prompt.

And I strongly recommend staying out of and away from any Registry editing. Registry editing can easily end badly and if you do not have the recommended backups etc. for recovery then all could be lost.

Regedit is a last resort and should only be used to address a specifically identified problem where the necessary edit is known to and does indeed solve the problem.