[SOLVED] Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
So I've had this problem for about 2 months now (on Wi-Fi in that time), more specifically ~a week after factory resetting my PC, where my ethernet cable constantly but randomly keeps disconnecting. It is like the cable is being pulled out and back in (windows says cable might be disconnected or broken).

First thing I checked was the router, which wasn't the problem as the problem doesn't exist in other devices other than my PC. I then thought it's my motherboards problem so I bought a PCI network ethernet card, and surprisingly that wasn't the problem as well.

I've tried everything that exists on Google (disabling / reinstalling adaptors, some cmd commands) and nothing works. Any clue on how to fix this without reinstalling Windows?

i7 6700 non OC
MSI GTX 970 non OC
650W PSU
16GB RAM
Some Gigabyte Mobo
TP-Link TG-3468 V.2 Gigabit Network card

Last edited:
Solution
yes, do the above ipconfig /all command
confirm that no two devices are using the same ip address.

-you can also have a printer with a static ip address, then have your router give you that same address
-bridging software can also make one device see itself and cause the device to shutdown and restart.

-i would go to the router and look up the mac addresses to each device and its ip address.

might select Packet Priority& VLAN setting for the network adapter
(select the disable option)

something like start control panel-> network and sharing->adapter settings
right click on the ethernet device and select properties, select configure
select the advance tab, look for entry packet priority and vlan and select disable
then select ok...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include make and model network adapters.

Were you able to try another known working Ethernet cable? Borrow one from another working network connected and working device.

On your PC ensure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless as desired) is enabled.

In Windows 10 open Reliability History and look for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond with the PC's loss of network connectivity.

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include make and model network adapters.

Were you able to try another known working Ethernet cable? Borrow one from another working network connected and working device.

On your PC ensure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless as desired) is enabled.

In Windows 10 open Reliability History and look for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond with the PC's loss of network connectivity.

I've updated my post.

Nothing pops up in Reliability History

Here is a gif of what happens:
f228e2b8699b320068cb7d3d40f25f7d.gif

These are my adaptors and most of them cannot be deleted:
7baaf21c21d7cdc307100b282bdca56a.png

Wi-Fi connection for some reason seems to be connecting and reconnecting when Ethernet is enabled?

yes, do the above ipconfig /all command
confirm that no two devices are using the same ip address.

-you can also have a printer with a static ip address, then have your router give you that same address
-bridging software can also make one device see itself and cause the device to shutdown and restart.

-i would go to the router and look up the mac addresses to each device and its ip address.

might select Packet Priority& VLAN setting for the network adapter
(select the disable option)

something like start control panel-> network and sharing->adapter settings
right click on the ethernet device and select properties, select configure
select the advance tab, look for entry packet priority and vlan and select disable
then select ok.

i think it will disable the wired lan priority so your other connections can work at the same time.

(just a guess, it has been a long time since i have had problems like this)

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS