Question Ethernet port on laptop is broken/damaged.

May 26, 2019
randomly my ethernet port on my laptop stopped working. was wonder how difficult or if it was even possible to repair/ replace it. laptop is almost 6 years old. It's a Toshiba Qosmio x70 gaming laptop.

Lutfij

Titan
See if there is a BIOS update available for your laptop. You might also want to see if a Q-tip+Rubbing alcohol+some cleaning helps bring the port back to life. Often times dirt/debris/corrosion can and will affect the Ethernet port.

You could contact these fellas but the cost of a replacement port might be a little too much. Maybe stick with wireless connectivity or an USB driven LAN adapter?

May 26, 2019
See if there is a BIOS update available for your laptop. You might also want to see if a Q-tip+Rubbing alcohol+some cleaning helps bring the port back to life. Often times dirt/debris/corrosion can and will affect the Ethernet port.

You could contact these fellas but the cost of a replacement port might be a little too much. Maybe stick with wireless connectivity or an USB driven LAN adapter?

if i wiggle the ethernet cable tip around after i insert it, i changes from unplugged to identifying network, and then to Unidentified network no internet connection. i have wifi but its slow and takes to long to watch anything.

I also would like anything DIY due to me living in germany. i am currently stationed over here for the army.

May 26, 2019
Inspect RJ45 jack to verify all 8 pins straight and not touching, while ur in there look for sign of a dustball/dirt. The cable should plug in with a positive click. Needless to say, the cable variable is already been discounted?

I looked at the port and didnt see any damage or pins out of place. ive tested the ethernet cable and its working properly. the only thing i havent done is the rubbing alcohol but i dont see much debris in the port so i dont think its because its dirty.