Question Ethernet Powerline Slow all of a sudden

May 12, 2020
I have had an ethernet powerline adapter thing that you plug into the wall and one into your computer and one into your network and recently I've been having problems with my powerline connection. I am not very familiar with networking and terms of such but I am really good with PC parts and such. I've looked at other threads and other people have been saying it's because they plugged in something recently and someone said they plugged in some lights but I haven't plugged in anything. Please help.

Powerlines can stop working when there's something changed on your power circuit.

The best way to diagnose if it is the unit itself or not is to plug both powerlines into a surge strip so that they are isolated and see if they connect and pass traffic properly that way. If so, then it is house wiring. If not, then one of the powerline units went bad.

May 12, 2020
I found out after testing some things that when my monitor is unplugged the connection in fine but when it is plugged it’s red. Any ideas? My monitor is plugged into a surge strip

May 12, 2020
I plugged my monitor into another plug in the power strip and now it’s better? Okay then I guess it’s solved. Probably temporary though if I’m being honest

May 12, 2020
No it wasn’t in the strip to begin with. It’s in the other outlet. Just to clarify I have a powerstip in one outlet powering my devices and in the other is my Ethernet.