R5 5600X processor
GTX 1060 GPU
Corsair VS450 PSU

New:
AORUS B550 elite mobo
R5 5600X processor
RTX 3080 GPU
EVGA 850GQ PSU

After the upgrade, everything works expect the ethernet - not working at all. It does not even detect that the cable is in, no green or yellow light at the PC side of the cable (though there is lights on the router side of the cable when I connect it).
The ethernet cable is working, tried the cable on my laptop and that works.
The ethernet adapters show up in the device manager, but only as hidden devices,
Both Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family have status as Not present and Connectivity Disconnected.

Is is possible I somehow destroyed my mobo during the update? Do you have any advice how to fix this?
Thanks a lot

EDIT: I restarted for like the fifth time and suddenly MS trobleshooter comes up iwth: "Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed netweork adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."
Note that this did NOT come up when I tried the troubleshooter before. What should I do with this, where do I get those and which one do I get?

Last edited:

jirikcz147

Prominent
Jan 29, 2021

I ran the .exe, but somehow it did nothing, it runs for a while and then it just disappears, doesnt report success or anything.
Troubleshooting still returns the same message, that I should install a driver for my network adapter

I also tried uninstalling all of the present ethernet drivers through device manager, running that mobo driver install and then doing Scan for hardware changes, but no new drivers came up.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS