Dec 25, 2021
My ethernet is stuck at 100 mbps, every time I tried to change it to one gbps it says that there is no cable detected. I've tested multiple cables getting the same problem and when I test on other devices I get the full gigabyte per second speed. I am a little lost with what the try next.

Solution
is there a reason why the cable works on my laptop but not my computer?
Each adapter is unique. A cable that works on one device is not guaranteed to work on another. Your cable might be marginal, or the act of moving it to the laptop changes it enough so that all 8 wires make connection. Any1 wire not connecting is enough to fail1GE. Another possibility is if your motherboard has a 2.5Gbit adapter, it could be a driver / firmware issue.

kanewolf

Titan
I have the ethernet cable going from an Asus AX 1100 router to my PC.
Your PC should be left on auto speed and duplex. If it won't negotiate to 1GE, then the cable is the first, most likely problem. If you are using a flat cable, then that is likely the problem. Start testing by moving your PC (IF NEEDED) so thst you can use a short (10 - 15 ft) cable. If that works, you have isolated toa cable problem.

Dec 25, 2021
Your PC should be left on auto speed and duplex. If it won't negotiate to 1GE, then the cable is the first, most likely problem. If you are using a flat cable, then that is likely the problem. Start testing by moving your PC (IF NEEDED) so thst you can use a short (10 - 15 ft) cable. If that works, you have isolated toa cable problem.

kanewolf

Titan
Each adapter is unique. A cable that works on one device is not guaranteed to work on another. Your cable might be marginal, or the act of moving it to the laptop changes it enough so that all 8 wires make connection. Any1 wire not connecting is enough to fail1GE. Another possibility is if your motherboard has a 2.5Gbit adapter, it could be a driver / firmware issue.

Solution